Strange meeting with a Stranger

" Its already 1pm. I guess it's enough sleeping beauty, you better get up now !"
" Mom whats the issue ?? Let me sleep a bit more........plzzz. "
" No dear you are coming with me for shopping today"

Shopping! Even its name gives me anxiety. Not that I dont love new clothes or matching shoes and bags but, I want all of these to find me by themselves , provided Im very picky too. I want the best clothes in the world, to find way into my closet, without me putting any effort. Only I know how difficult it was for me to complete my engagement shopping. Since then, my mother is adamant on taking me to every shopping session. Most of my friends are shopaholic and they get amazed seeing my reluctance as if lm some sort of alien. But when my mother gets stuck on a point she never backs away, only the opposite party surrenders. So I knew it was futile to argue with her. I got up, took a quick bath and did my traditional breakfast of pancakes and mango juice. Loaded with anxiety, I got in my Mom's car with her. Our car stopped outside the majestic Packages Mall.

After about one hour of useless roaming, my Mom went inside the changing room of Khaadi. I stepped outside the shop to sit on the fancy chairs outside fresh juice shop. Just then I got a glance of a very familiar face getting outside the lift with a girl. He was Shaheer but with Salvina !!! He was not answering my calls since morning and here he was, hanging out with her . I was burning with rage and I followed him. He got inside Generations' outlet. I got inside the outlet.I saw him taking out dresses and approximate them to Salvina's body to comment whether they suited her or not. Salvina was talking and laughing freely occasionally putting her hand on his shoulder. This was beyond my patience and I yelled at him from behind.

" Shaheer!! What do you think you are doing here? You are ignoring my calls and roaming about with This girl! Seriously? "

" For God' s sake lower your voice Momi. And ' This Girl' ?? Salvina is not some ordinary girl , she is my close friend and yours too. You need to correct your behaviour honestly" His voice was getting louder with each word.

" She was not my close friend. I know her because of you. Besides, is she that important that you have brought her here for shopping,ignoring my calls ?? How many girls you have kept  to hang out with, in your free time ?? " Fury was blurring my thoughts, all I could comprehend was someone else enjoying the company of my fiancé when I was the only one that had the right of it

" and you Miss Salvina ! Why don't you go shopping with your list of boyfriends ? Why trying to steal my.."

My words were broken by a sudden push and a strong grip from Shaheer.
" Enough Mominah!" I couldn't believe my eyes when he raised his hand to hit me, but his hand was soon gripped by a stranger. Im strong enough to protect myself from such a misbehave but seeing your loved one breaking all your expectations , steep down so low, always leaves you powerless and vulnerable for quite some time.

" Please calm down bhai sahab . How can you cross all the limits in your fury? Plz don't steep down so low to raise your hand on a very respected creation of Allah Pak !" I heard the stranger saying.

I glanced at him. He was different. I don't know why but I was constantly staring at sight of him confronting Shaheer. He had a poise , a calm, beautiful glowing eyes and an amazing persona. His face had some different sort of beauty which I don't know how to describe. He was bearded but his beard sharply confined to his jaws only. He was wearing sea green t shirt and dark blue jeans.

" Momi What are you doing here ?" I turned back to see my Mom.She shouldn't have seen this. Now Ill get a whole long lecture on how to behave well.

Comprehending the situation somehow, she apologised to Shaheer and brought me back home. During the ride back to home, she avoided talking so that our driver doesn't gets some gossip material and I was strangely lost in the thought of that stranger. How can someone be so charismatic yet gentle. He seemed to be one of those religious people but he wasn't extremist at all from his appearance and behaviour. Oddly, the thought of him, seeing me misbehave, was perplexing.

" You listen to me Momi.......You have been so possessive throughout your life, but now, is the time for you to change." and my mother's lecture had started.

" You need to start compromising! A girl after marriage has to compromise on many things. Marriages don't last if girls don't lower their ego! "

" Seriously Mom??? Why should always girls compromise? Why cant a grown up and mature man leave his irritating and entirely wrong habits for his life partner? Why cant he leave his ego behind?? Mom its just because of parents like you that the girls don't get equality and justice! Parents like you, who , teach their daughters to compromise with every unjust act of their husbands, but, never instill in their sons some high morals. If the load of lectures given to girls were given to boys the society could have been much more better. A mother is the best person Mom, who could teach his son the respect of every woman that comes in his life. If every mother and father did this sons wouldn't turn out to be jerks as Shaheer. He tried to slap me Mom!"
the vision of him trying to hit me flashed back and I started sobbing. She sat near me and hugged me slowly patting my back.

" I know all this my love.......but.........this all exists in some dreamy ideal world. These dialogues maybe found in books or dramas but not in the soul of society. This is the reality which you should accept fast! "

I was too tired emotionally to argue with her anymore but I wanted to convince her that things could change, if we try to change them, if every parent works on their sons and daughters equally, if they themselves make their thoughts completely free of these stereotypical ideas !

Author's note :
Im really sorry for late updates. Actually im a bit busy due to upcoming exams. I need your prayers and thanks alot for support from my readers💕