Love

Emotionally tired, I fell asleep. This struggle is constant, whenever I get upset, I need hours of sleep to freshen up the aching, constricted mind and stabbed heart.The type of sleep when, your mind is awake recollecting all the hurtful memories and your eyes are unchained to release all their burden without any deterrence. No one to stop and your eyes will shed away all your gloom and eventually the tired eyes will help you leisurely doze off. When you'll get up you'll feel like reborn. It works most of the time for me. You might be judging I have a perfect life why would I be doing this so often?? Everyone has its own share of trials but no other can understand the pain. They just see what is apparent on the surface not what is behind the guarded covers!

Next day had emerged with new events to unfold.On the dining table I found dad, which was an unusual sight. He very rarely dines with us and today was one of the golden days. Still, his presence was mere his body sitting there, not his soul. He was busy with his buisness calls. Seeing me, he glanced at me but I could judge something was wrong. It was apparent in his eyes and I lost all my appetite, feeling anxious once again. I was constantly waiting for him to end the call and tell me what was wrong. Finally he spoke!

" What ruckus did you create yesterday?? Shaheer was so upset!"

Oh so it was him. He must have aggrandised the whole situation, projecting himself as the poor victim.

" But dad you don't know the truth yet. I.."

" Im not in the mood to listen any of your story. I know you soo well. I know you get dramatic for no reason."

" But dad you are not trusting your own daughter instead you are trusting the person you barely know.Atleast let me explain! "

" Listen Mominah! Listen to me very carefully. I will not repeat this again and again. You chose him. If you had any issues you should have solved earlier. Now everyone knows Abdullah Qureshi' s daughter is engaged so I want no more drama and you have to put up with him. I don't want damage to my image in any way !"

The irony is that he cannot bear damage to his image but can bear damage to his daughter! I didn't want to argue any further. I once again rushed to my hideout, my room, locked the door, took out my favourite novel " The Alchemist" and stepped out in the balcony. Another way of catharsis for me. But my mind was constantly distracted. I was wondering how every kind of love is turning out to be an illusion. My own parents weren't helping me and my fiancé, his love and loyalty also seems to be a deception. Then is love not real at all??

Deep in my thoughts I looked down the balcony and found a white honda city parksd outside our neighbors house. I immediately recalled it was Baji Sobia's. I don't know why but a wave of happiness filled inside me. This time I took out a Shalwar Qamees with a big dupatta, wrapping the dupatta properly, I rushed towards the neighbors house. I reached the main lounge. The lecture seemed to have started not long ago.Finding a cornered place to sit I heard her say

" Allah Subhan Wa Taa'la says

      I  Shall show you every kind of love
and then ask you, did you find
anyone for yourself except Me?
"اور پایا تم نے کسی کو اپنے لیے میرے سوا؟؟"

So my dear sisters all types of love are illusion,if not illusion they will be short lived, if not short lived you may find them faded for some time.The only eternal, constant, truly reliable love is the magnificent love of Allah Subhan Wa Taa'la ."