elaboration pt 3: the dance

HAHA THERE'S A PART THREE BITCHES

sorry sorry sorry I didn't mean to call you a bitch I just swear please forgive meeee——

Anyways, I wasn't done there.

Fast forward to the end of seventh grade, and we had to be waiters and waitresses for the Eight Grade Dance. They paired us up, boy-girl, and I happened to get Andy.

I no longer had a crush on him, so that was that. I didn't think much of having him as a partner.

However, he did try to ditch me twice.

We were serving food, and we happened to bump into his friend Manny a couple times. A quick boil-down of what was happening, it was boy-girl pair ups, so one of us had to carry napkins and the other had to carry the food tray. Andy was carrying napkins as I carried the food tray. Manny was carrying the food tray, and his partner was carrying napkins.

So we'd been walking around for around ten minutes and hardly anyone had asked for food. When Andy saw that switching would be convenient for him, he made the switch. I tried to get him back, since we were breaking the rules, but he didn't listen. I apologized to Manny's partner, and went downstairs with her to refill the food tray.

The people in the kitchen saw that I was no longer with Andy, and asked about him. I told them he ditched me for Manny. They told me to go get him back or else they were gonna yell at him. So I did. I went up and told him the situation and essentially told him that I was trying to save his ass from being screamed at by a teacher. He reluctantly agreed to come back, and we continued like that for a while.

A similar situation happened with THE SAME DUDE about half an hour later, he switched to be with Manny. Only this time, his napkin partner wasn't there. So I grabbed a handful of napkins, tucked them slightly under my tray, and served food and napkins. It was a one-man job for me. Eventually, a teacher came up and asked where my partner was. I sighed and told her I didn't know. She told me, once again, to get him back. So I ran after him, delicately serving eclairs on the way, and told him that he was gonna get yelled at, once again, by a teacher.

And he was good after that.

We got to eat the leftovers after the eighth graders, and it all tasted AWESOME. I was aware that it was all store bought, but I still enjoyed it.

A few friends were talking about the crazy stuff that happened while serving, and my one friend who I'll call Allison had an... experience.

Mark, who I mention in my other crushes chapter, was partners with Allison. To put it briefly, Mark was hitting on her to the point where it made her uncomfortable.

Mark had done this to Allison in the past, but it was MUCH more subtle. I don't want to say exactly what he said, so I'll just say that coming from someone like Mark, it was uncomfortable.