lil experiment

⚠️TW: homophobia, transphobia discussion⚠️

okay, so for those of you who have... shall we say... stubborn parents, family, or friends

and you've ever discussed LGBTQIA+ topics with them

if you feel comfortable doing so, comment on each phrase you've heard them say before, or if they've said something along those lines.

"Straight pride isn't offensive"

"The only flags they should be waving at gay pride is the AMERICAN flag"

"There's only two genders. Get with the program."

"I wish (insert queer family member here) had just been a normal girl/boy."

"They're talking about all the men and women who have coronavirus, what about the other 65 genders you always talk about?"

"Are you gay?"

"Are you transgender?"

"I've been to a pride parade, I'm not homophobic."

"I just think gay relationships are kinda... unnatural."

"Lesbians and gay men should have a seperate bathroom and locker room because they're gay."

"I don't think teenagers should be allowed to transition."

"The alphabet people-"

"LGBTQ+ or whatever isn't a COMMUNITY. It's a bunch of f(slur)s and t(slur)s online! Our town is a community! THAT is not!"

"(insert queer slur here)"

"I don't think you're one of them. You always liked girl colors like pink and purple as a child, you were always feminine."

"It's against the bible."

"It's against God."

"You know, it'd be bad for you if (insert person here) found out you're gay."

"It's only YOUR generation that thinks rainbows are gay."

"If you experience homosexual desires, you have to become a nun/preist."

"Is (insert actor/singer/other here) gay? Why do you like them?"

"Why do you like that specific color scheme? Pink, purple, and blue? I've seen you use it for everything."

"I know you're (insert sexuality here), but I don't want you to marry someone of the same gender."

"The gays only do it for attention."

"You can't just switch your gender."

and any others you feel comfortable sharing, comment them if you want