Chapter 1

{Sonic's P.O.V.}
"Shad! Wait!" I dashed to Shadow and smiled at him.

"Wait? I thought you were the fastest thing alive?" Shadow chuckled and continued walking to Tails' house, he had called me to test one of his inventions, but Shadow insisted on coming with me.

"I am!" I rolled my eyes playfully. "I just didn't want to waste energy." I made up an excuse.

"Sure. Two steps take a lot of energy, especially run. Oh, how much of a dumbass I am. I'm so sorry" He started making fun of me in the most sarcastic tone.

"Hey! I am fast!" I growled playfully at him.

"I didn't say you're not, but the fastest one is me, everyone knows that." Shadow chuckled and pushed my face away when I moved closer. He doesn't let me any close to his face, not even for a kiss, because I keep messing with him. For example, sometimes when I lean in for a kiss, I quickly take a picture of Shadow's face and laugh, he always gets mad at me and deletes the picture right away, but then he doesn't kiss me or even hug me for the rest of the day.

"You're not! I'm the fastest! I'm the bestest!" I pouted and tried to kiss his cheek, but he put his hand in front of my mouth and I kiss his palm instead.

"First of all, that's not a word and second, no kisses for you." He smirked and winked at me, making me blush.

"I-I don't care...! I don't need your kisses." I stuttered and quickly looked away, mumbling the last part.

"Mhm~ Sure you don't." Shadow hummed sarcastically and crossed his arms after he knocked on Tails' door.

"You-" I was about to punch him when Tails opened the door.

"Sonic! I'm glad you made it! Come have a look!" He said excitedly and grabbed my wrist then dragged me to his laboratory.

There were many different gadgets in the room. Some were unfinished, some were broken, but many of them were laying there like a display. Sometimes I wonder if he uses his inventions.

"Wait. This place is too crowded." Tails groaned when he realized. "Go to the living room, I'll bring it there." He quickly pushed me and Shadow out of the room and closed the door, leaving us both confused.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked myself as I walked to the couch.

"Many people have the exact question about you." Shadow chuckled and sat beside me with a smirk.

"Hey! That's rude!" I glared at him and crossed my arms, lightly blushing at his smirk.

We stayed quiet for a bit just looking at each other, when Shadow moved his hand to my neck and scratched there and up to my chin.

I dropped my ears and blushed as I leaned in his touch and purred loudly, he already knew many of my sensitive spots, since he keeps messing with me whenever we're together. Some of them I didn't even know of.

"You're too cute sometimes~" Shadow whispered in my ear and kissed it, making it flicker and me purr louder.

I whined quietly and closed my eyes, I hated when he did that in front of my friends, especially when he called me cute. It's embarrassing for me to act like that.

I don't mind it when we're alone I love it when I have his attention, but at least there's no one watching us to judge us.

I quickly sat up when I heard the door open and Tails walked to me.

"So, this baby will teleport you to-" He stopped talking when he saw how red my face was. "Are you okay?"

"He's fine, it's kinda hot in here, can you open a window?" Shadow answered for me. It was a lame answer but it surprisingly worked with Tails.