Chapter 11

[Modern Sonic Universe]
{Tails' P.O.V.}
"Tails?"

"Hey Knux..." I sighed as I rubbed my face. "Are you busy?" I lowly asked as I looked at my computer screen.

"Not really. What's wrong?" Knuckles asked, getting concerned. "What did Sonic do this time?"

"Well... We both did something this time..." I chuckled quietly, trying to cheer myself up. "Can you come over...? I can't explain all of this through a call."

"Sure... I'm on my way." He slowly answered and hung up.

I groaned quietly and hit my head against my desk as I tried to remember anything else that was important for the portal.

Now that I think about it... Everything is important!

I stood up and walked to the door. "Sonic...!"

"What's up?" I heard him respond from the kitchen as he messed around in the fridge.

"Knuckles is coming." I walked outside the room and got blinded by the light, since my lab had no windows and was dark. "You know Knuckles, right?"

"What do you need Knuckles for?" He looked at me and raised a brow. "Do you need help to carry anything?"

"I need emotional support." I shook my head and sat on the couch. I still had my ears lowered, dead worried about Sonic.

"From Knuckles?" I looked up at Sonic to see him looking at me confused. "But you said you had a girl named Amy, doesn't she help her friends?"

"She does! She always does. It's just that... I know Knuckles longer and he's been helping me a lot lately. He also needs to know about the portal." I sank in the couch and closed my eyes as I felt them burn when I did so, probably because I was keeping them open for too long.

"But why Knuckles?" I could hear Sonic walking closer to me and felt a nudge on my arm. I opened my eyes and saw him holding a plate with fruits that were cut in small pieces.

"What do you mean?" I raised a brow and took the plate then started eating. "Is Knuckles rude at your dimension?"

"Well... Not rude... He's just, you know..." I looked at him confused as he pointed at his head and moved his fingers in circles.

"He's dumb?" I raised a brow at him.

"That's an understatement. But yes." He chuckled and nodded.

I was still looking at Sonic confused, as I started thanking Chaos that I was in this dimension and not in the one where Knuckles is... Dumb...

I looked at the door once I heard it open and smiled slightly immediately knowing that it was Knuckles.

"Hey Tails, what did you want to ta-" Knuckles walked in and froze when he saw Sonic. "Sonic...?"

"Knuckles...?!" Sonic looked at Knuckles in shock. "You're so... Short...!"

Knuckles just stayed quiet and looked at me, confused, worried, shocked, and terrified.

I chuckled quietly and stood up with a low groan.

"I'll explain everything. Just come in." I shook my head and walked to my lab. I didn't want Sonic to hear me while I told Knuckles what's going on so I begged him to stay in the kitchen and not eavesdrop in our conversation.

When Knuckles walked to the lab, he closed the door behind him and looked at me concerned. "What's happening? You sounded really stressed out on the phone."

I lowered my ears slightly and slowly nodded then pointed at the portal. "This is the portal I had told you about... And when I showed Sonic, he wanted to try it." I sat on my seat and sighed. "And when he walked inside the portal... Eggman hacked into my computer and shut off the power..." I pinned my ears down as I started feeling guilty again. "And then... Shadow snapped at me and... This Sonic you saw earlier came out of the portal after I tried to get it to work... A-and I started freaking out, because this isn't Sonic, obviously...! And Shadow was trying to collect himself but he completely lost it. He attacked Eggman... And everything I had done had disappeared... Everything... Now I have to start remembering all the things I did but I've been working on this portal for almost a year and I just can't have a year of research stored on the back of my head and now I can't save Sonic and he's trapped in that other dimension and now-" I started freaking out and talked faster and faster but Knuckles cut me off when he grabbed my chin and pressed his lips against mine, making me stop and melt in the kiss immediately.

I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and suddenly picking me up.

I gasped quietly and opened my eyes slightly as I held onto him, worried that I would fall.

When I calmed down I closed my eyes again and let Knuckles deepen the kiss.

We hadn't seen each other for more than a month so the kiss was long and passionate.

I loved it.

We eventually ran out of air so we had to pull away. We looked in each other's eyes for a couple of seconds as I blushed a bright color, when Knuckles broke the silence.

"You're too stressed." He shook his head and slowly put me down. "You need to calm down. Otherwise you won't be able to fix the portal."

"I know..." I looked at the portal and lowered my ears. "But I'm worried... I don't know what can happen to him if he stayed there for too long..."

"So that means that the sooner you take some rest the sooner you'll have the portal working again." He hummed and turned my head towards him. "Don't push yourself too much. You'll hurt both yourself and Sonic."

"But... I have to take care of Sonic..." I looked at the door as he kept my head still.

"I'll take care of that. You need rest." He pecked my lips, making me look at him again. "Please. We both know this will end badly if you don't rest."

"...Fine..." I gave in and pulled my head away. "Don't get in a fight with him."

"I won't." He nodded and kissed my cheek. "I'll take care of everything. Don't worry about that."

I smiled slightly and nodded, realizing how much I missed having him around. "Can you stay with me until I fall asleep then...?" I hesitantly asked as I walked to the door.

"Of course."

****
So. You saw that this chapter had a bit of Knuxails.

This chapter is like a sample.

I've been thinking of writing Knuxails for a while now, but I didn't know how you guys will react.

So tell me in the comments, do you mind me writing Knuxails?