Chapter 5

[Modern Sonic Universe]
{Shadow's P.O.V.}
"What's the problem.?" I asked immediately after I walked inside Miles' house. 

"Please don't tell me you destroyed Eggman's computer..." He ignored my question. "Please!" He looked at me with an angry and annoyed look. 

"I did." I shrugged. "So what?"

"SO WHAT?! My files were on that computer!" Miles shouted and groaned loudly. "Thank Chaos the experiment was new... And I remember most things... But it will take a VERY long time until Sonic comes back..." He sat in front of his computer.

I froze.

I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"Why didn't you tell me that if I destroyed the computer this would happen?!" I shouted back at him, we were both panicking. "How long will this take?" I asked as calmly as I could but at this point, I had completely lost it. 

"A while..." Miles simply answered. "A few weeks, probably..."

I just stayed quiet and rubbed my face. I have to stop trying to help. I only make it worse.

"Is there a way I can help?" I asked after a while of silence, crossing my arms. 

"Just don't touch anything. And stay awake from Eggman. I'm begging you." He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes at that but nodded and dashed off. 

He's talking to me like I don't know what I'm doing.

And he's a kid!!!

I opened the door to my house and tried my hardest not to slam the door behind me. 

I was so mad, that I felt tears 

He never listens to me. 

And he always gets hurt. 

This is the last time I'm saving him. 

I can't live like this anymore.

I've suffered enough with Maria, I'm not taking Sonic's death with me too.

~~~
[Sonic Boom Universe]
{Sonic's P.O.V.}
"I need to get some samples of your blood." Tails walked to me with a needle.

I slowly nodded and lowered my ears, feeling uncomfortable because of what the robot revealed. Especially when Amy was crying her eyes out worrying about me... I mean, the Sonic of this dimension... Her boyfriend...

It was killing me inside. 

I let Tails take a sample of my blood as I heard Amy sobbing, blowing her nose on the millionth tissue Sticks gave her. "H-how long will it t-take...?" She lowly asked, looking down and messing with a bracelet that had many light pink shells attached to it. 

"I don't know... But by what we know about the dimension he's in, they have Shadow by their side, so he's safe." Tails sighed quietly and looked at me. "Now we just have to keep you safe... Shadow never shows mercy..." 

"I'll be fine, I'm sure. I've learned a few tricks on how to beat Shadow in my Universe."

"Kissing him won't defeat him..." He mumbled with a low chuckle and I rolled my eyes. 

"I wasn't planning on that." I chuckled quietly and glanced at Amy. "I'll stay away from him as much as I can, if he finds me, then I'll try to mess with his brain."

"No, it's better if you stay hidden." Amy shook her head. "We don't want to have problems with two Shadows."

"She's right." Tails agreed. "Just stay at my place. You'll be safe."

I was about to argue with them, but Amy cut me off.

"Please. Just listen. I don't want to worry about you too..." She said lowly. "Please..."

I hated seeing my friends cry, I hated seeing anyone cry. Especially Shadow. I imagine that Shadow was in her place, crying and begging for me to stay safe...

Shadow...

He must be worried... 

I suddenly felt as if someone punched me on the chest. 

He already had told me the nightmares he got of Maria when he was worried. And how nothing can help him calm down... Other than me... 

But I'm not there to help him...

Oh no... 

What have I done?!