Chapter 7

[Sonic Boom Universe]
{Sonic's P.O.V.}
I dashed to the village as I tried to keep up the pace, so Egghead wouldn't see that I'm not the Sonic he thinks I am. 

When I reached the massive robot where I heard Eggman's laugh. It was the exact same as the one at my Universe.

That just makes things even better.

I started hitting the smallest robots when I heard Amy gasp.

"Sonic?!" She shouted once she destroyed the last robot remaining, but Eggman was still on the huge one as he cackled evilly. "You promised...!" She whispered as I ran around her.

"You obviously need help. Don't worry, he won't see me." I chuckled and shrugged. "I'm too fast for his old eyes.

"Not for me."

I heard a deep voice beside me and quickly looked at the person that stood beside me. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

Shadow was running beside me, growling and glaring at me with the most hateful expression I've seen. 

"What the hell happened to you, Faker?" He asked lowly and spin dashed me as he ran at the same speed as me. 

I groaned quietly and dashed off, away from the village, knowing that Shadow will follow me, because it's Shadow we're talking about, and he did. He followed me as Amy shouted for me to be careful. 

Eggman's laugh stopped when I heard a loud explosion and the cheering from the villagers, making me smile slightly knowing that the weren't in danger anymore. I got distracted and didn't see that Shadow had caught up to me and was charging a chaos spear in his hand. When I remembered why I was running, it was too late, when Shadow hit me on the side with the spear. 

I groaned loudly and fell on my face at the sudden pain. "Ouch. Ouch. Ouch." I said lowly and hissed as I tried to breathe, but my lungs didn't allow me to. 

"Get up and fight, Faker." I looked up and saw Shadow standing in front of me with his arms crossed. This is really similar to the way my Shadow- I mean... the Shadow at my universe, treated me before we got together.

And let me tell you.

I didn't miss this at all.

~~~
[Modern Sonic Universe]
{Tails' P.O.V.}
Now that Shadow left, I could finally work with Sonic in peace, without them getting in fights or hearing Shadow's whines about the situation. 

He has the easiest job right now, to just do his job and wait for me to do all the work so Sonic can come back. I wish I was at his place and complain to him about the mistakes he's made. 

I would love that. 

"So... How will you get me back home?" Sonic asked as he ate some chili dogs I had made for him. 

"I'll try to get everything I remember on my computer, and we'll work from there..." I sighed and shook my head. "I'll work from there."

"Is there a way I can help? Or do I have to sit here and wait?" He asked and groaned quietly at the second question. "Do you have any villans? Anything that will keep me entertained?" His ears perked up and he looked at me. "Do you know Amy?"

"Yes... She's one of my friends?" I raised a brow and sat in front of my computer. "Why? Do you know her?"

"Yes. She's... A friend..." He nodded and lightly blushed. "Can I see her?"

"Wait. Hold up. No way." I shook my head as I tried to process what he said. "You're with Amy...?!" I dropped my ears and my eyelid twitched as I tried to imagine him and Amy kissing.

Disgusting...!

I can hardly take it when Shadow kisses him on the cheek.

But on the mouth???

Bleh!!

"Yeah...?" He said, slightly confused and shocked because I saw through his lie. "Why? Isn't this Sonic dating her too?"

"Um... No." I shook my head and looked at the computer. "You can discuss that with him when he comes back... If he comes back..." I mumbled and lowered my ears then sighed and started typing what I remembered from my researches while I was making the portal.

"Hey. Don't be like that." I heard Sonic stand up and walk to me. I looked up at him and he patted my back with a small smile. "You will get me back home. And you will get Sonic back here. I'm sure you will. You're the one that made the portal in the first place, you're the only one that can even think of such thing. You're a genius, so own up to it."

I smiled softly at that and lowered my ears as I tried not to blush at the compliments then nodded. He was acting just like the Sonic that raised me, and that made me feel a little bit better, knowing I still had someone by my side.

"You're right. Thank you." I made my hand into a fist and raised it, hoping Sonic would do a fist bump.

And he did, almost immediately.

"You know, you're the only one that isn't any different in this 'Universe'." He said and sat beside me. "Many things are similar."

"I'm glad. You're just like Sonic..." I chuckled softly. "It doesn't feel any different. Only your looks are still new to me."

"I'll take that as a compliment."