Chapter 8

[Sonic Boom Universe]
{Sonic's P.O.V.}
"Get up and fight, Idiot." Shadow growled lowly when I didn't respond the first time he said it. "Before I lose my patience."

"What patience?" I rolled my eyes and held my stomach as I slowly stood up. "Why are you attacking me? I'm not Sonic." 

"Yes you are. Rose called you 'Sonic'." He growled lowly and clenched his fist as he slowly charged up another chaos spear. "And you're just a little different. Nothing changed."

"Well, I might be Sonic, but I'm not the Sonic you think I am." I chuckled quietly, trying to ignore the pain on my side. "I... I'm not here to fight..." I panted lightly. 

"You obviously are!" He growled louder and raised his hand, ready to throw the spear on my stomach.

"Sonic!!" I looked behind Shadow and I saw Tails fly with a plane that looked like the Tornado as he threw a bright yellow leash. "Hold on!"

This distracted Shadow and glanced behind him, but by the time he turned back around I was already up on the plane. 

"Thanks for the help." I chuckled as I looked down at Shadow. He looked furious and confused, which made me laugh, but it also broke my heart... 

What is Shadow doing right now...?

"I told you to stay in my house...!" Tails sighed and rubbed his face. "Where did he hit you?"

"My ribs, but don't worry, I'm fine." I shook my head and rubbed the spot that Shadow hit me, it felt numb and painful, but it had been way worse. 

"Please stay inside next time... Thank you for helping but, things here are way different than your world. That's just a simple fact. You don't know the attacks or what happens every day." He landed the tornado and jumped off. "I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to adapt to a different environment on the first day." 

"I guess. But I don't want to stay inside all day." I carefully jumped down and walked to Tails' house. I had my ears lowered as I thought about Shadow... I know he is worried... I know he is mad... I know he will snap at me when I get back...

Oh, Shadow...

"You have to if you want to go back in one piece." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Tails again. "I know this is boring for you, and you don't know me well to completely trust me, but... I don't want you to get hurt... I know I wouldn't want to see my best friend in pain. I don't want to cause that problem to others too."

I softly smiled at that and messed with the fur on top of his head. "You're really caring, Bud. You are just like Tails in my dimension." I chuckled and walked to the couch. "I trust you. I trust all of you. But I will help with Eggman eventually. I'm sorry but you can't keep me inside for too long. That's a fact." 

"I know. I know. Just please stay inside until you heal, at least. Then I don't mind you helping. But it's really dangerous outside now that Shadow is back. He's too strong for you to take on right away." Tails walked to me once I sat down and checked on my bruise. "Did he hit you with his powers?"

"Yes. I could had dodged it but I was distracted by Eggman." I nodded and slowly laid down with a low groan. "I'll be more careful next time."

"I hope you are!" I quickly looked up when I heard growling. "You almost got killed! You can't be so reckless!" It was Amy. She was mad and worried at the same time, which was odd since the Amy I know is usually really caring and rarely snapped at anyone. 

"He's okay, Amy. He promi-" Tails tried to calm her down but she quickly cut him off. 

"He also promised that he would stay inside today! But here we are!" Amy crossed her arms and lightly lowered her ears. "If you had died... Then Shadow would be heartbroken... I would be too if Sonic disappeared then died because he wasn't careful enough..." 

I lowered my ears at that and sighed. "I'm sorry Ames. I won't do it again." 

"If you do, I won't be so kind next time." She shook her head and gave Tails a basket. "These are for you two... I thought you'd spend more time experimenting so I made some snacks... Zooey helped me too." She smiled slightly at him when he lightly blushed. 

"Oh... Th-thanks... Tell her I said thanks..." He slowly nodded and walked to the kitchen as he looked inside the basket. "It really helps..."

Amy nodded and glanced at me then dropped her ears and walked outside. It must hurt her to look at me... I don't blame her... I didn't make a good first impression, or a second. 

I rubbed my face and closed my eyes, trying to get rid of all the thoughts about Shadow and what I've done.

"I'm going to my lab. If you need anything just shout." Tails said as he walked to the door and grabbed the doorknob. "You shook take some rest too. Your wound will heal safer."

"Yeah, I'll take a nap." I nodded as I kept my eyes closed. "Tell me if you find anything..."

"Okay." He nodded and closed the door behind him, leaving me alone in the silence. 

I hate silence. I hate everything about it. I always preferred being around others or turn on the TV to make some noise and keep me company.

As I slowly started dozing off, I heard a small thud next to the couch, but didn't think too much of it, but then I started feeling as I was being watched. 

I hesitated to open my eyes, not knowing what was going on, but soon enough whoever is watching me would realize that I'm awake, because for some reason your eyes want to open when you really want them to stay closed. 

"I know you're awake, Faker."