Chapter 13

[Sonic Boom Universe]
{Sonic's P.O.V.}
I woke up to the noise of an engine turning on. It was loud enough to make me temporarily deaf.

Great way to start the day...

Not!

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned softly then covered my ears that were pinned against my head. My vision was blurry and I could feel my eye being swollen and aching, feeling as if I was getting punched again and again.

How hard did Shadow hit me?!

"Why now...?" I whined quietly like a kid and sat up, a little too quickly, making me hiss and hold my head that started spinning.

This day is getting so much better...!

And I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way at all...!

It's been literally seconds since I woke up. And I'm already ready to snap.

"TAILS!" I shouted as loudly as I could, making me start coughing because my throat hurt thanks to this Shadow, which I won't mind not seeing again.

My Shadow is much better, thank you very much.

Soon enough, I heard the engine finally stop and saw Tails run to the house, clearly terrified.

"What happened?! Did Shadow come back?! Did he hurt you?!" He hurried to my side when he saw my cough and hold my neck.

"N-no... H-he didn't..." I said with a harsh and ashy voice between my coughs since my throat felt completely dry. "Y-you woke m-me up..." I pointed at the window and at his plane.

Before Tails could even respond he ran to the kitchen and brought me a glass of water. "I'm sorry. I tried everything to wake you up. I was convinced you wouldn't hear it."

I drank the water slowly as I kept my ears pinned on my head from the pain on my throat and my muzzle. "Where is Shadow?" I put the glass down when it was empty.

"I'm not sure. And even if I knew I wasn't going to tell you." He crossed his arms. "Because you're just like Sonic. You'll try and "talk" Shadow out of this and try to become his friend. Stay away from him. He won't ever be your friend, let alone your boyfriend like the Shadow at tour dimension."

I just looked at him with a frown and stayed quiet. I guess my dumb ass is the same in every dimension. And Tails will always be one step ahead of me.

Some things just can't change, I guess.

I sighed and rested back on the couch then rubbed my muzzle to calm the pain. "Do you know why he attacked me?"

"If I knew I would try to prevent it." Tails looked down and shook his head. "I'm guessing that he noticed that you're different and thought he had the advantage. And... I guess he was right."

"I'm not weaker than Shadow." I scoffed. "He won't have the advantage next time."

"Sonic, he's the Ultimate Lifeform. He doesn't sleep, he doesn't eat, he doesn't get tired, he doesn't feel sympathy. He will always have an advantage." He looked at me. "Don't you dare look for him. We need you here so we can work on the portal.

"Right. The portal." I sighed. "How long will it take you to make it...? Because it's been almost half a week."

I've never felt so lonely in my life. I was so used to Shadow bothering me when I was late for our dates.

I was used to waking up in his strong arms and with my face hidden in his fluffy and white as snow chest fur, his soothing purrs filling the room, his kisses making me smile and his deep voice sending chills down my spine every single time I hear it.

"I don't know. I'm trying to figure out how Tails in your dimension made the portal. My sketches are all over the place, it's impossible to get it working if I hurry." Tails snapped me out of my thoughts.

"No, don't hurry." I shook my head. "I've risked my life many times already."

I looked outside the window when Tails nodded and started telling me what confused him about the portal and spaced out.

To be fair, even if I was listening, I wouldn't understand a single thing he said.

I started getting flashbacks from our dates, from our races, from our movie nights, and even...

Well...

"I'm sure I'll be able to get you back, but I don't know when..." Tails sighed, snapping me out of my thoughts before they went too far. "It's really difficult to work on too many projects at the same time..."

"Well... Why don't you just focus on one?" I was a little confused when he said that, not understanding what he meant.

"The portal requires so much research that I haven't completed yet. They all take so long to complete, so I'm doing then all at once." He shook his head. "But I'll make it eventually..."

"I know you will, Bud. I know." I nodded and slowly stood up then groaned. "Is there a way I can help?"

"Staying safe and in my house will be a huge help." He chuckled, making me groan. "A massive help, actually."

"But why stay inside? There are so many things to do outside!" I looked outside the window.

"Like what? You don't even know this place" Tails crossed his arms and raised a brow as he had that smart-ass smirk on his face.

"I can explore...!" I crossed my arms as well.

"That's one thing." He chuckled. "What else?"

"I can..." I dropped my ear in defeat and groaned. "Please...! Don't make me sit in here."

"You can come with me to the lab, that's all." He stood up as well and walked to the door. "If you try to sneak out I'll call Amy to keep you at her place."

"No...! Please don't." I quickly shook my head. "Anything but that...!"