Prologue: Breakdown (Edited).

Summary- K.O lets T.K.O out of the subconscious.
______________________________

The afternoon was going great. K.O was sitting down after a long day of work at the Plaza. Things were finally calming down after K.O found out who his dad was. Well, they were on the outside, at least. Something was running through the small hero's mind nonstop.

He deserves to know.

But he destroyed the house! He lied and broke off a deal. I just want him to understand that actions have consequences!

Something tells me he already does.

Before K.O knew it, he fell into a deep slumber.

He opened his eyes to see his subconscious. Looking down, the child found that he was... His turbo half? T.K.O was in a small puddle of tears, using his power to scratch a small drawing of K.O into the floor.

"K-K.O..." His voice was meek, which was something very unusual. All of a sudden, he punched the small doodle and screamed, crying even more.

K.O awoke to to the inside of his mind once more. Looking around, he found four drawings.

Are these... T.K.O's? He thought.

The small hero held the last one and stared at it

The small hero held the last one and stared at it. What did his alter ego mean, he couldn't stop? And why not? He looked up to see the elevator. It opened. Hesitantly, K.O stepped inside and pressed the button at the bottom.

With T.K.O...

All he could do was punch the floor and scream. The ground had cracked so bad it'd take Einstein to figure out there used to be a drawing of K.O there. Soon enough, he finally stopped screaming. It wasn't the first time he had done this. T.K.O lost count of how many times. The subconscious was awful. It was dark. Cold. And the worst part was how small it was. Almost like the walls would close in on him any second.

Not like he would fight back if they did.

More tears came from T.K.O's eyes as he stood up and stared at the one thing in there that he'd never destroy. The cookie. If it meant he could leave the subconscious forever, T.K.O would never even touch a cookie ever again. All he could do then was cry hopelessly, believing that he'd never escape his greatest fear.

With K.O...

He stood nervously as the elevator door opened, hands folded. "T.K.O? I-I'm here to talk to you."

After listening for his dark side, he heard sobbing. His eyes widened as he leapt off the elevator and went towards where he heard the crying. Glancing at the walls around him, he saw writing engraved in them, written over and over.

WHY

I'M SORRY

I DON'T LIKE IT HERE

LET ME OUT

K.O K.O K.O K.O K.O K.O K.O

He couldn't help but think about the last one. Did T.K.O miss him? ... And did he miss T.K.O?  Once he finally reached his turbo half, K.O saw that he was sobbing quietly and slightly crouched, trembling.

"T-...T.K.O?" The small hero approached him. All of a sudden, he stopped shaking and took a few steps towards K.O. His turbo half fell to his knees.

Then, he fell to the ground entirely and started mumbling things like 'I'm sorry', 'I wanna leave', and 'It's so small'. Throughout all of it, K.O stared at him in shock.

This was going worse than expected.

Carefully, he collapsed to his knees as well and held T.K.O's head in the palm of his hand, which made him look up at the former. Being as gentle as possible, he brought the turbo child to his level and hugged him.

Losing it, his so-called dark side cried in his arms, barely returning the hug. Neither of them noticed that the tears were getting in K.O's hair.

With the kinder portion of them supporting his opposite as they stood up, they both walked to the elevator, turning it into steps so they could go up.

Once having successfully returned to the previously empty house, the duo sat down on one beanbag, a soft *floof* coming from it. Neither of them said anything.

K.O rubbed T.K.O's back while wiping away his alter ego's tears. He didn't apologize for doing what he did. There was no point in even trying to, anyway. A very obvious fact ran through his mind.

This was something words couldn't fix.

______________________________
Up next- Regret.

Please check out my profile and read my other stories!