Chapter 3: I'm Here (Edited).

Summary: K.O remembers the reason he wanted to let T.K.O out in the first place.
______________________________

A day after the cuddling incident, things were going well. But something was amiss. K.O couldn't figure out why he had the feeling that he was forgetting something. No matter what he did, he couldn't shake it.

He sighed. What did I forget to do? All my homework was done when I got to the plaza, my room is clean, I've made sure to call off any possible hero attacks for when Dad comes to pick me u-

That was when it hit him. K.O's eyes widened and he dropped his broom in terror. I forgot to tell T.K.O!

"BODEGA-MEN! Shift's over! Put the supplies away!" Gar said, briefly emerging from his office. Quickly stowing his broom away, K.O worriedly stared towards the outside. In about three seconds...

A car pulled up, and K.O recognized it as Professor Venomous'. Nervously, K.O went towards the car, knowing full well what would happen next.

The door opened, and he grinned devilishly. "Hello, K.O. Why don't you get in?"

So K.O hopped in, praying that things wouldn't go too bad. But he knew that there was no hope. K.O could practically feel his darker half's turbo energy sparking in alarm. It tried to tug his arm towards the car door, and he resisted.

There was a familiar voice calling out to him, which he immediately recognized as T.K.O. WHAT THE CORN ARE YOU DOING, K.O?!?! GET OUT OF THE CAR!!!

Anxiously, he smiled with small beads of sweat on his forehead and grabbed his arm. I'll explain later.

T.K.O must have heard him, because the energy decreased greatly, though it was still there and tense.

K.O was so focused on calming T.K.O that he didn't even notice his father glancing at him through the rearview mirror.

"Was that T.K.O?" The villain asked, making K.O jump. "Maybe."

"It looks like he wants you to get out of the vehicle." Venomous mused.

"How do you even know about him anyway?" He asked.

"On the news. Everyone knows, but seeing as there probably aren't many above whatever level your other self is, most wouldn't even try to fight T.K.O, so don't worry." PV reassured.

"I'm not even scared for T.K.O, but I would be for anyone who tried to fight him!" K.O could see it; a level 1 villain trying to beat T.K.O, not even bruising him, T.K.O swatting him away like someone would a fly and snapping the guy's neck on total accident. Well, knowing T.K.O, not a total accident.

"Considering the fact that he was the only reason you beat Boxman Junior, I understand that. Though, I do wonder why he wants you to leave the car." The ex-hero eyed him with curiosity.

Looking away, K.O whispered, "He doesn't know."

"Ah, I see. T.K.O, can you hear me in there? Move one of K.O's arms around if you can."

Technically, he did move the arm, but he did so by making a... not so friendly gesture at Venomous.

The child quickly put his hand down and apologized. All Venomous did was chuckle. "Alright, T.K.O, I'm going to tell you something. I'm Laserblast. Not sure if you know, but he was an old P.O.I.N.T hero a while back. Faked my death and lost my powers, started a business, created Fink, you probably know the rest."

That explains it. K.O, just because he used to be a member of P.O.I.N.T doesn't mean you can trust him, T.K.O told him, heck, he's a villain now.

Twitching hands clenched into fists and K.O bit his lip, aware that his dad would drop the bomb any second.

"Oh, I almost forgot! When I was Laserblast I fell in love with Silverspark, who was your mother, and Laserblast was your father, and therefore I am your father."

All of the turbonic energy stopped. For a moment, K.O thought that T.K.O had fainted in shock (because there was absolutely NO way that revelation calmed him down), but then he felt the power bubbling in his stomach, getting stronger and stronger with every passing second.

By the time it stopped growing, the energy's sheer strength was like a star on the verge of a supernova. When K.O didn't feel his turbo half explode into rage, he became confused. The energy was still there, but it wasn't doing anything. Almost like it was... Containing itself? What is T.K.O doing?

"Hey Professor Venomous-"

"You mean 'dad'-"

"Hey Professor Dad, I'm gonna go in my head and chat with T.K.O for a while, is that okay?"

"... Of course."

In the Mind House...

"T.K.O? Can I come in?" A voice calling from outside the door. Said child took a deep breath, and spoke.

"Sure." K.O entered and sat next to his counterpart.

They sat in silence for a little while until K.O broke the silence. "Are you okay?"

The answer was no.

"I'm fine, it's just... If anyone was gonna tell me who our dad was... I wanted it to be you, not a villain..." He said.

"I'm sorry. So much was going on and I guess I just forgot." K.O explained.

T.K.O nodded. "It's okay..."

He knew that T.K.O was lying. It was obvious. "I've gotta go now, T.K.O. Call me if you need anything!"

The small hero stood up. "Okay. Bye..."

"See you!"

Later that night...

K.O was in bed and he couldn't stop thinking. What should I do? Should I tell T.K.O I know he's lying? That turbo energy from earlier is still there, and it's been growing every once in a while. Soon enough, it's gonna blow.

In all of his thinking, K.O didn't even notice that the power grew again. It was growing, growing, growing, growing-

And then it hit. All of the energy went straight to his mind and crackled so much it made him nauseous.

Oh no, he thought, T.K.O! If it was this bad with him, then his other self was probably...!

Quickly, he gave in to the energy and passed out, setting a course in his mind for the house.

At the Mind House...

When K.O got inside his head, he made a mad dash for the Mind House. Since he was in his brain, his head didn't hurt anymore. He swung the door open, and what he saw horrified him.

On the floor, T.K.O was covered in purple lightning and dry heaving. K.O reached out to him, but a purple bolt electrocuted him. About fifteen more of those came out. His dry heaves got louder while the volts got bigger, and then it happened.

The purple lightning completely covered T.K.O and he let out an absolutely primal scream. Once he stopped, the turbo child hacked and vomited. Swiftly, K.O rushed toward his friend and held his hair back. When T.K.O was finished he began crying. K.O kept him close throughout the whole ordeal.

Both of them knew what it was about. He had abandoned them. Like they were trash. T.K.O needed someone who wouldn't ditch him, and K.O fit that description to a tee.

"Please," He begged hoarsely between sobs, "Don't leave me."

"I'll never leave you." Never again.

"I'm here, T.K.O."

They held each other tighter.

"I'm here..."

______________________________
Up next- Cupcake.

Please visit my profile and check out my other stories!