Chapter 4: Cupcake (Edited).

Summary: The boys hang out and give baking a try.
_______________________________

As the sun rose, two boys laid asleep on the floor, hugging. K.O began to stir a little, and slowly opened his eyes. To his delight, he found T.K.O in front of him with his arms wrapped around K.O's torso.

So he stayed there for five minutes or so, enjoying the moment. Then T.K.O shifted a little, and he opened his violet eyes to meet K.O's chocolate ones.

"Good morning." K.O greeted.

"G'mornin." His counterpart mumbled.

"Today's Saturday. Day off from work. Professor Venomous said he'd be out on business. We get the whole day together!" He cheered, smiling at his other self. T.K.O smiled back. Then, his eyes widened.

"Is something wrong?" Suddenly, mouthwash appeared. The turbo child was quick to grab it and swish some in his mouth. Then, he went towards the kitchen sink, and spit it out.

"Thank Cob, the taste of vomit sucks." Tilting his head, he looked towards K.O in curiosity.

"Did you make that?" He asked.

"No, I gave you some control of our mind."

T.K.O's eyes widened. "Y-You trust me that much?"

"Of course I do. We had a... rough patch, but I'd like to think we're closer than ever!" Neither of them noticed the blush on each other's faces.

They were quiet for a little while. As T.K.O gazed at his kinder self, he thought about something.

K.O freed me from the cage. He made me this house. He let me out of the subconscious. He carried me in that time I fainted. He gave me food when he saw my ribs. He held my hair back when I threw up. He hugged me when I started crying. He gave me some control of our head.

He cares about me.

"Hey, K.O?"

K.O stared at him. "Yeah?"

T.K.O smiled. "I forgive you."

Butterflies were in his stomach when he saw the humongous grin on his other half's face.

Later...

Both of them were laying around, doing whatever they pleased. Washing the dishes in the kitchen, K.O got an idea.

"Teeks! C'mere, I wanna try something!" A few moments later, T.K.O floated into the room.

"What?" He asked.

"I-I was thinking that we could do something fun together!" The kinder half stuttered. Baking materials appeared on the table.

"Do you wanna give this a shot?" K.O offered, gesturing to the supplies.

His other self looked at it with interest and gave a small, genuine smile. "Don't see why not."

Grinning, K.O jumped up and down and clapped his hands while giggling. "Yay! Let's get started! What do you wanna make?"

T.K.O thought for a moment. "Cupcakes. Vanilla cupcakes."

Perfect, he thought, we both love sweets.

"Great, here it is in the book, let's get started!"

(Sorry if this is wrong, I know next to nothing about baking, so I looked this up. Hope it's accurate.)

Step 1: Cream together 1/3 cup of butter with 1/2 cup of sugar until light and moist.

"The heck does 'cream together' mean?" T.K.O asked.