Chapter 8: What Are Your Intentions? (Edited.)

Summary- In which one Carol Kincaid makes a discovery.
______________________________

Nobody knew that K.O was hiding something, other than Carol, Rad and Enid. Even then, they had no idea what it was, other than the fact that it involved T.K.O.

Eventually, K.O figured this out and decided it was a perfect opportunity.

It was a Friday. He put his plan into action at dinner time.

"Mom?" His mother turned to him.

"Yes, Peanut?" There was a twinge of hope in her voice.

"There's something I need to tell you..."

"You can tell me anything, K.O!"

Finally, finally! My son is going to tell me!

"Professor Venomous is Shadowy Figure..."

Oh. That was... not what she was expecting. "Isn't he the one who made T.K.O?"

K.O nodded. "He's Professor Venomous' turbo alter ego."

"Well, what happened?"

"Me, Venomous and Fink all went on a hunt for him and found out, then he took control! So I had to let T.K.O out to stop him."

Carol froze. "Y-You let T.K.O out?"

Her son raised a brow. "Yeah, why?"

"He didn't destroy anything other than Shadowy, did he?" K.O obtained a look of understanding at her words.

"No, he's better than last time, I promise! Teeks wouldn't hurt anyone other than Shadowy unless they hurt him first!"

She was quiet for a few seconds. "If you say so, Peanut."

"I'm gonna go to bed now, Mom. Gotta get a good night's sleep to get ready for my day with Venomous tomorrow."

"Do you want me to tuck you in?"

"No thanks. Oh, and mom?"

"...Yes?"

"I love you."

"...Love you too, Kiddo."

When he went upstairs and his door shut, Carol allowed the tears to trickle down her face. K.O had stopped calling her Mommy. He'd been keeping that secret for Cob knows how long. He didn't want her to tuck him in.

Her baby was growing up.

She should be happy. Happy that her son will go out in the world one day, happy that he's becoming independent, happy for him.

But if she should be happy, then why...?

Wasn't it selfish to be upset about it? To be upset that her son was going to leave her, to not need her anymore, to-

She should be happy. It was selfish to be anything else.

Carol pressed her hand to her cheek, and then retracted it. She felt the tears between her fingers.

The mother began to sob.

She was selfish.

Inside K.O and T.K.O's mind...