CHAPTER IX

"I don't know Stace, she's acting weird these past few weeks. If not, she's distracted." Beca complained as she slumped herself down on their couch. The taller brunette looked up to her best friend, seeing a worried look on her face.

"Well, maybe it's because you haven't 'stepped up' your game yet, Beca." Stacie joked, the tiny brunette just glared at her, so she tried to look just as serious as Beca was.

"Well, have you talked to her?" She asked. Beca huffed as she put her left hand on her forehead, massaging it.

"I did try, but she seems to avoid my questions. She's not thinking of killing herself again, is she?" Beca's mind was going overdrive.

She knew she shouldn't overthink, but she's been noticing that something's really off with Chloe. The girl is still sweet to her, their relationship is going well. But there are times when Beca would see a teary-eyed Chloe.

And the girl wouldn't talk to her about it.

"Well, I don't think she does. I mean, I could see how happy you two were." Stacie said, trying to help ease her friend's thought.

Beca heave a deep sigh as she checked her phone. Chloe hadn't texted her yet, the redhead left early this morning to visit her parents and grandmother in her hometown which was a couple of hours away from Barden. As much as Chloe wanted Beca to go, the brunette can't, because of work. Besides, Beca wanted Chloe to have some alone time with her family. Well, she's also nervous at the thought of meeting Chloe's parents though she had talked to them once.

"Come on, Beca. Stop overthinking. What do you say we all head out for a drink?" Stacie asked. Just then, Fat Amy and the rest had come out of their rooms.

"Did someone say drink?" Fat Amy said. Beca only shook her head at her friends.

Of course, Beca going out with Amy and the rest would require a lot of drinking. They all headed out, this time, they are not going in Emily's bar. It would be their girls' 'night out' without the Bellas, without Beca's and Stacie's girlfriend. Which was okay, since the bellas were gone for their spring break.

But Beca knew that it was just her friends' excuse to get wasted tonight.

And knowing that, Beca despite her thoughts about her girlfriend, decided not to drink too much or else, they wouldn't be able to get back home. She watched her friends partying like there's no tomorrow. Even Emily, their youngest ones, the one whom Chloe had been treating like a baby.

Beca smiled at the memory when she and Chloe were having an argument when Legacy had accidentally messed up with her mixes. Chloe was like a mother, trying to protect her child from an angry Beca. Since Chloe was backing up Emily, the tiny brunette couldn't do anything about it. Eventually, Chloe still made her feel good about it by seducing Beca. They make up later that day, well, after Chloe and her made out like a horny teenager.

That was one of those times when Beca had almost loose control. Then it became a teasing habit for Chloe to call Beca 'daddy' whenever the brunette is upset, either at their friends being nosy and childish or at Chloe, which doesn't really last long. The redhead could just sit down and do nothing, and Beca would still forgive her.

Damn, she's that whipped.

Beca was just sitting on their table as her friends continue to dance when her phone vibrated. She quickly took her phone out and smiled upon seeing Chloe's name on her screen. She wasted no time in answering the call.