CHAPTER XII

It was the Bellas' turn to perform, just like the first time, Stacie and the rest were cheering wildly. Just like the first time, Beca wasn't there. And this time, Chloe knew that there wouldn't be any Beca, late or not.

This might be the last time that she would sing an arrangement made by the brunette. Her eyes caught Tom, sitting there, smiles in his face, showing his support for her and how much he just loves her. Chloe wanted to at least be happy, because the guy whom she loved first, is returning the same feelings.

But Chloe could not revel in the thought of that 'supposed-to-be' feeling anymore.

Aubrey blew the pitch pipe signalling for them to start. Despite the chaos in Chloe's mind, the heaviness in her chest, she still managed to give all her best. For the bellas, for her friends who had helped them in this number. For Beca, whom, despite her being busy at work, had still managed to create the set list for them. Anything for Chloe.

Along their performance, Chloe felt her heart drop when she caught a glimpse of her favourite brunette. The brunette she hadn't seen for what felt like forever. A genuine smile quickly formed in Chloe's lips as she sings her part, feeling a sudden boost of an unknown strength. Her eyes remained on hers.

Beca fucking Mitchell came. And she's watching her… them, on this day.

How Chloe had managed to hold her tears back was surely a surprise, they ended their performance with an outstanding ovation. Everyone clapping and cheering for them, the bellas hugged each other as they approached the others who congratulated them for such an awesome performance. They did it. They won the ICCA's. Chloe felt a bit happy despite all the drama she has, they won. Aubrey hugged Chloe tight, whispering a; 'we made it, Chloe.'

Then, they all rushed to where Stacie and her friends were, congratulating them. Chloe looked back to the spot where she swears she saw Beca, but she wasn't there anymore. Stacie noticed the look on the redhead's face, she pursed her lips before glancing at Emily who nodded.

"She's with her cousin, Chloe. Jesse had managed to drag that rebel here." Stacie said nonchalantly, Chloe looked at her in surprise, but then she flashes a soft smile.

At least she was sure that Beca was there.

"You know, you can stop all this drama if you could just get your ass in front of her and tell her you want her back, not that some fucker." Fat Amy blurted out, getting tired of seeing her friends being so down. Aubrey glared at the Australian blonde, who sighed as she turned back to Chloe.

 "If, only your ginger heart and mind is sure that it is Beca." Amy then added, patting Chloe's back.

The redhead just smiled, if only she is so sure of Beca.

"And… of course not. We'll wait for you outside." Emily then said while looking behind Chloe's back, they all turned around and saw Tom approaching them.

That's when all of them knew what Legacy meant by her statement. They all started to walk away as Tom nears their direction.

He is already smiling at Chloe,

"That was one hell of a performance. You're amazing, Chloe. I'm so proud of you." Tom said with sincerity. Chloe just smiled before muttering a; 'thank you'.