FINAL CHAPTER

"Do you that maybe… just maybe, one day. When we're both healed, and… you know, ready. All ready, do you think that it's possible to start over again?"

Chloe smiled bitterly at the memory. It still hurts, but she is hoping that she and Beca would somehow meet in the middle, and when that time comes She wouldn't let her go.

Letting her go once is enough.

She just hopes that the brunette would remain in love with her. Because Chloe wouldn't know what to do if Beca had changed her heart. She knew that they both still needed to be away from one another. She wanted to give Beca the space and time to think, and heal. She understands how much she broke Beca, and she would make up to that.

This time, she would let Beca feel how much she loves her.

Although, it kind of terrifies Chloe, that Beca might not want to take her back, she needs to understand. It wasn't that easy, as it was from getting over Tom. Chloe could not help but think that Beca might doubt that the reason why she's going back to her is because Tom had also let her go. 

But it wasn't, Chloe is more than certain of that. She wants Beca. It took her awhile to realize that, she didn't need to try and be with Tom. She had realized that it is Beca, the night the brunette had let go.

She was just caught up between the overwhelmed feeling that Tom had also feelings for her and her undiscovered feelings for Beca.

"Hey, Chlo?" Chloe snapped out of her own trance and smiled apologetically at Tom. She hadn't been listening to what he was saying.

The guy just smiled as he shook his head. "Do you want me to come up to her and knock some sense into her little head?" Tom asked, half jokingly.

Chloe smiled as she shakes her head. 

"Don't you dare touch my Beca. If you want this friendship to last." Chloe sniped back, followed by a light chuckle. Tom almost had his heart on the ground if not for that playful chuckle.

"Love life over friendship now, huh?" Tom snorted. Chloe just rolled her eyes, uttering a; 'Totes'.

She missed this. She missed her bestfriend, where they would just casually talk about things. But what Chloe misses more is… her Beca.

She was disappointed that they didn't got back together after that night. It's been weeks after that night, but she understands that she just broke Beca, and she needed space. Chloe is willing to give that space, for as long as the brunette would remain faithful to her and true to her feelings.

She's willing to wait this time.

"I have to go, Chlo. I'll see you later." Tom said as he stood up from his seat. Chloe only nodded as she wished him good luck.

The brunette man smiled as he gathered his things, before placing a light kiss on top of Chloe's head, which wasn't really unusual to them, then he left. Tom used to do that even before. And now, Chloe was sure that it meant nothing now.

She's also glad that they had both agreed to save their friendship. And keep their feelings platonic.