CHAPTER XIV

"Beca, stay."

Chloe's face kept on intruding Beca's thought even if she tried to close her eyes and send herself to sleep. But how could she, when the girl clouding her thoughts was just beside her, snuggled into her, sleeping soundly. She felt Chloe stir and snuggled more into her.

Beca couldn't help the smile creeping on her lips, Chloe looked like a Koala attached to her. She also feels proud that somehow, little by little, Chloe had stopped having those nightmares. Another reason why Chloe might not just need her anymore.

Apparently, after walking away with Louise, Beca had lost the mood to continue whatever Louise was suggesting. Beca quickly apologized to the girl, yes, she's broken-hearted but that doesn't mean that she could also take advantage of someone's feelings. Louise cried that night ranting on Beca.

That's why Beca ended up in their apartment later that night. Confused, she looked at her friends gathering around in their living room. Beca scrunched her face as she searched for answer in her best friend's eyes.

They were all, of course, surprised that Beca went back home. They totally thought that Beca would be gone until tomorrow morning, that is, if what was supposed to happen between Beca and Louise would be a one-night stand. Although, they are glad that the tiny brunette was there.

"Why are you guys still up?" Beca asked as she placed her keys on the coffee table before settling down on Emily's side.

The girls exchanged glances, Stacie then took a deep sigh. She was honestly scared when she saw Beca leave, she saw a glimpse of the old Beca, shutting everybody out once again. And Stacie would totally understand that, if ever, who wouldn't?

Beca had tried hard for someone whom she was willing to give her all, and yet, it turns out how that someone could've just probably used you?

Despite knowing that Chloe caused her pain, Stacie still believed that the redhead would also be the one to heal Beca. That's just how complicated those two were.

They break each other, and will still need one another in order to heal.

She told Beca that Chloe had been crying after Beca had left and almost passed out. Aubrey asked her girlfriend a favor to talk to Beca and convince her to at least hear what Chloe has to say.

This is why Beca was lying beside Chloe, she hated herself from not standing on her ground, for staying. Her badass reputation is seriously going down low because of the redhead. However, watching Chloe asleep makes Beca feel like this is somewhat right.

***

Despite the heaviness in her eyes, Chloe opened her eyes, noticing Beca staring at the ceiling. She's glad that the brunette had complied to her when she asked her to stay. She wanted to tell Beca, but she doesn't know where to start. And she knew if she didn't, she'll lose Beca.

Beca sensed that Chloe was awake, she tilted her head to the side to meet a pair of baby blue eyes. How she had been living while drowning in those eyes, Beca didn't knew.

The silence between them went on for a few minutes. Chloe was gathering herself together, it's now or never.

"Do you remember that one time when all of you were forced by Stacie to wear those cute dog onesies, and you guys sung in front of us?" Chloe said, smiling at the memory.

Beca was a bit surprised as to why this was being brought up, though she could not help but also laugh at the memory. She nodded with a smile on her face, Chloe felt her heart melt at the brunette's smile.

"Yeah. Stacie really fucked up that time and Aubrey was so mad. She desperately begged us to comply with her plan to soften the aca-dictator." Beca stated. She couldn't forget just as to how ridiculous she looked at that time, though she knew Chloe enjoyed it.