Chapter 7

And the situation got awkward, again.

Neither of us spoke a word. I was too nervous to even say anything to Jungkook. His presence around me was enough to make my face turn red like a tomato.

"You look cute today." I got startled as he suddenly spoke up. I looked at him, still trying to process what he said.

"You said something?" I asked, even though I heard clearly what he said.

"No... Nothing~" he looked away.

Cute

Cute.

We soon reached near my house and greeted each other goodnight. Jungkook went off after I went inside my house.

I went into my room and heard my phone ring. I took out my phone from my sling bag and saw a text message from Taehyung.

______________________________________

TaeTae

today

TaeTae:
Did you reach home safely?

You:
Yeah. Of course.

Jungkook dropped me till my
house.

TaeTae:
I know...

But, still...

You:
Are you alright, Tae?

TaeTae:
Yeah. Of course!

Why do you ask?

You:
I don't know...

You were acting kinda
weird today

TaeTae:
What?

Weird?

Who's weird?

I'm not weird! You are!

Hahaha... Haha...

You:
Right.

TaeTae:
Umm... Y/n?

You:
Yeah?

TaeTae:
Can I talk to you about
something?

You:
Tae, you are my
best friend

You don't even need to ask

TaeTae:
Then, meet me after school
tomorrow...

Okay?

You:
Yeah, sure.

But at least tell me what it is
about.

TaeTae:
Aish... This girl!

Just wait until tomorrow.

You:
Arrasseo! Arrasseo!

TaeTae:
Now go to sleep.

It's getting late already...

You:
Yeah. Yeah.

You too...

Bye~

TaeTae:
Bye babe~

You:
wait... BABE?!!!!!!!

TaeTae:
Goodnight...

You:
YAH!

KIM TAEHYUNG!!!

WTF, TAE!

Did you just left me on read!?!

Ugh!!! Goodnight...

_

2.30 am~

Why did Taehyung call me babe?

Did he type it by mistake?

How can someone make a mistake on typing 'babe' while texting their best friend?!

I couldn't sleep. All these thoughts kept running through my mind. Even though he denied the fact but he is acting really weird these days...

_

The next morning ~

I barely slept last night. I kept thinking about the text Tae send me.

I checked my phone and saw that I still had time before school starts. I took a long shower to ease my mind. I came out and changed my clothes. I made some sandwiches for breakfast and ate them before leaving.

After 30 minutes of walk, I reached school. As I was walking through the corridor, I saw "BTS", I still have no idea why they started calling themselves that. I saw them standing near my classroom, talking about some stuff.

Suddenly, I saw Taehyung stomped away from them and went off in the other direction. He looked a bit angry for some reason. Seconds later, Jin went behind Taehyung.

I approached them and asked what happened. But surprisingly, they looked clueless as well.

"We have no idea, Y/n. We were talking about how Jungkook should confess to his crush. But then, Taehyung suddenly walked off and Jin hyung went after him." Jimin said, explaining the situation.

Wait, Jungkook has a crush?!

"Jungkook has a crush?" I asked, glancing at Jungkook, who started blushing as soon as I mentioned his 'crush'.

I felt a stinging sensation inside my chest. My eyes started getting warm and I could feel I was about to tear up any minute.

Controlling all the heavy feelings on my chest, I asked "Who's that person?"

"Of course, it's y-" Yoongi quickly covered Hoseok's mouth with his hand, before he could even finish his sentence.

Ring ~

The school bell rang, indicating that the class will start soon. We all went to our respective classrooms.

Jungkook quickly went inside the classroom and Namjoon walked with me.

But, before entering the classroom, Namjoon came close to my ear and whispered, "It's you." and went inside the classroom.