Chapter 30

We flinched out of shock when Seokjin barged into the room with Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin and Lisa. "I think it's time we join this conversation."

"Hyung..." Jungkook mumbled with a shaky voice. I glanced over at him and saw that his eyes were teary as if he was happy but also sad at the same time.

"So, you know the truth now?" Namjoon asked me but I shook my head. "I only know who wrote the letter. I still need answers to some questions."

"I'll wait outside, in the hall." Hoseok's sister said as she left the room.

"Jungkook, why don't you start by explaining this situation?" Jimin crossed his hand against his chest.

Jungkoom wiped the tears from his eyes as he said, "I'm sorry, Y/n. And I apologize to all of you here. I'll explain everything from the start."

He turned over to Hoseok. "Hobi hyung, I met your sister when I was in middle school. We became friends and eventually, fell in love with each other. But a few months later, I got to know that she was cheating on me. It shattered my heart into millions of pieces." He bit his lips as he recollected the memories of his past.

"When I went to talk to her about it, I saw that she was talking to another guy and then, suddenly hugged each other. I got furious and left from there. I kept ignoring her for weeks as she tried her best to explain herself but I was too young and heartbroken. She was my first love after all."

"That was stupid, Jungkook." Yoongi stated and everyone agreed.

"I know." Jungkook muttered.

"I transferred to another school, once I completed the final year of middle school, where I met y'all and saw you, Y/n. You were so kind and humble. You made me feel special. You helped me to ease the pain in my heart, somehow. And there I made a huge mistake."

"You started thinking that you had feelings for me, right?" I looked at him in disappointment as he nodded, unable to look back up at me.

"I'm sorry, Taehyungie hyung. I shouldn't have taken her from you even after knowing your feelings for her." Jungkook apologized to Taehyung while sobbing.

"What do you mean? You knew that Taehyung liked me?" I asked.

"Yes, Y/n." Seokjin responded.

"Since when-"

"Since the day we went to Taehyung's house."

- FLASHBACK -

Taehyung asked Jungkook to go with him in his room as he needed help with something. But it's been quite a while and they didn't come back...

Being curious, I asked Jin. "What's taking so long for them to come back?"

"I don't know, y/n. It's been quite a while, isn't it? Should I go and check?" Jin asked.

"Yeah, please." I said and Jin went inside the room where Tae and Jungkook were.

*JIN'S POV*

I stopped outside the room as I heard voices from inside.

"Jungkook, I like her."

"Huh?"

"Y/n. I like her. Or maybe it's more than that. I don't know."

"So? Why are you telling me this, hyung?"

"I saw you getting close to her. A bit too much actually. I didn't know I had feelings for her until you showed up and she started getting close to you."