Chapter 24

"It was never a mistake. Nor it will ever be." He finally answered. " You have no idea how much you mean to me, Y/n. I can't afford to lose you. Not again."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I-"

"Sorry to interrupt you two love birds but food comes first. You can confess your love later, in your room." Mrs. Kim chimed as she came with the dishes in her hands.

We quickly looked away from each other and tried to act normal, not wanting Mrs. Kim to notice the awkward tension between us.

The breakfast was quite cheerful. Mrs. Kim kept talking about Taehyung's childhood moments where he embarrassed himself while Taehyung kept whining to his mom, trying to stop her from embarrassing him anymore.

I giggled seeing how cute of a relationship they have.

"How about we go shopping, Y/n?" She asked.

_

After looking through I-don't-know-I've-lost-count  no. of dresses, Mrs. Kim was finally pleased with one for me to wear for the party.

Although I insisted that I would pay for it, she shushed me up and paid instead.

Taehyung left, after buying the dress, saying he would meet us directly at home. Hence, we headed back after buying a few things for Mrs. Kim.

Soon, we reached home and saw Taehyung standing outside. We got off the car before approaching him.

"Why are you standing outside?" Mrs. Kim asked her son, who was looking at his phone.

He looked up, hearing her voice. "Oh, I'm waiting for Seojoon hyung. He told me that he was invited too. So I asked him to come with us." he replied before looking back on his phone.

"By Seojoon, do you mean Park Seojoon??" I excitedly asked him, my eyes being all glittery expecting to meet the almighty handsome man, again.

"No. I meant ThE PaRk SeoJOoN." he said mocking me before rolling his eyes.

"Can't you stop being a jerk for a minute?!" I scoffed, making him glare at me.

"Can't yOU stop being mean to me??"

"Excuse me!?? How am I being mean to you?"

"You're getting excited over another guy"

"So???"

"It hurts my feelings!!"

"Why the hell does that hurt your feelings?!!"

He paused for a few seconds before answering.

"Nothing. Nevermind." he said looking away.

"Are you alright, Tae?" I worriedly asked. He's acting awfully weird. I waited for him to answer but he didn't reply.

I sighed.

"Y/n, let's head inside. We need to get ready in an hour." Mrs. Kim said, looking at me.

"And Taehyung, you too get ready after Seojoon arrives." She stated and he nodded in response.

We both went inside, to our respective rooms. I changed my clothes into the one that Mrs. Kim bought for me.