- 3 -

[Chapter 3 - Re-Tryouts?!]

-Riley-

Today is the day I find out if I made the team, I mean it's not like my life depended on it or anything. It would just make my brother proud, and I always wanted to make him proud of me.

I got to the school extra early and made sure to be the first inside the building, even the nerds couldn't beat me. I sprinted to the back of the school where the gym was and ran straight up to the board posted outside of it.

I skimmed the various papers until I found the paper I was looking for. I looked down the list and found the one thing that could easily make or break my day.

Skimming the list three times over I found no sign of my name and I found it to be extremely disappointing. What would I tell my family?

"Hey, Texas!" A cheery voice called out, I looked up sulkily at the person calling my nickname. Whinnie.

"What's a matter?" She asked concerned, I took a deep breath and pointed to the paper that shattered me.

She looked at it for a minute, pitty in her eyes before she cheered up, "Texas look! You have a re-tryout! The first one in years!"

I almost got whiplash from looking up so quickly, I found her finger pointing to the very bottom of the page which read, 'The following players are scheduled to have a re-tryout Friday, March 15, 2019, at 2:45 sharp: Kayden Walker, Riley Seager'

I stood there shocked, so shocked I didn't even feel the presence of people behind me.

"What's wrong Princess, didn't make the team?" A smug voice asked from behind me. I turned to see the weasel himself, standing there in a leather jacket, decked in all black. Such a Travis, definitely not making that mistake again.

"Actually neither of us made the team, so what game are you playing now?" I asked innocently, batting my eyelashes to add effect. As predicted the guy smirked and huffed a laugh before looking forward with the 'I-highly-doubt-that-' look.

To his amaze, he read the list and furrowed his eyebrows before the text at the bottom caught his eye. "Re-tryouts? That hasn't been called for in years!" He cried out glaring at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well that's what you get when you mess with the best. Now see you at 2:45 sharp." I said sashaying away to my first period. Whinnie caught up to me and her eyes were as big as a deer's staring at headlights.

"What. Was. That." She barely got out. I shrugged my shoulders, "He decided to play me yesterday, not his smartest move. Now he is facing the consequences."

She gaped at me as if in disbelief, people around here really need to learn to stick up for themselves.

The morning classes seemed to go by in a blur, except for homeroom. I found out I had homeroom with the dick himself, and neither of us was happy about it. I tried to focus on the school work that I needed to do, but he was burning holes into me with his stares.