- 14 -

[Chapter 14 - Prom]

- Riley -

"Stop moving!"

"Sorry."

"Sure you are, now hold still."

"But my butt hurts!"

"Does it look like I care? I still need to do my makeup!"

I finished off Whinnie's eyeshadow and started eyeliner but her wiggling was causing me to poke her in the eye and almost mess the makeup up. I groaned and held her face to finish up the eyeliner.

After another fifteen minutes of trying to hold her still, I applied highlighter and sent her away.

"I'm still amazed by your work." Whinnie applauded, I sighed and sat down to begin my makeup. Already having our hair done it was just makeup and putting our dresses on. I begun with my moisturizer, taking my time as I want my makeup to look it's best - I mean it is my first and last prom.

Whinnie pranced around my room before finally turning on a movie to watch, "You better not cry because I am not redoing your makeup!" I scolded as I started applying foundation and concealer.

She giggled, "No, it's okay it's only Alvin and the Chipmunks." I mentally facepalmed and returned to my makeup.

After about 40 minutes I applied highlighter and mascara. I heard some commotion going on downstairs but I ignored it as I knew mom was making dinner for dad and herself.

"Whinnie time for dresses." Is all I said and she was at my side. I admired her hair and makeup, which I did of course. Her silver eye shadow complimented her fire-red hair which was situated in an updo bun on her head.

We both stepped into my closet and grabbed our dresses in their bags, Whinnie excused herself to the bathroom while I changed in the closet.

My dress was a dusty pink with blush pink undertones, while hers was white with champagne undertones. They were two-piece dresses, the top a halter top and the bottom a fit and flare skirt. With a flowery, vine-y, pattern running from the collar to the skirt.

I put my gold heels on first before unzipping my dress and stepping into the skirt. I zipped the skirt up and put the top on, clipping the collar and zipping the halter up as far as I could get it.

When I stepped out I gasped as I looked in the mirror, soon after Whinnie came out and I gasped again. I already knew what we looked like in the dresses, but being all dolled up made it so much better.

We zipped each other the rest of the way up and we decided it was time to go downstairs

We zipped each other the rest of the way up and we decided it was time to go downstairs. I texted my mom to say we were ready since we weren't allowed to go down until she was ready. Within seconds she replied to come down, I laughed and lead Whinnie out of my room, grabbing the boutonnieres for the boys.

From this point on everything seemed like a cliche, Whinnie and I appeared at the top of the stairs and at the bottom stood Brantley and Kayden. My mom and dad were to the left recording while Whinnie's were to the right.