- 8 -

[Chapter 8 - The Truth]

- Riley -

I felt ashamed to be put into this position, I didn't want anyone to find out about this part of my life. We moved back here to start fresh, and even though my family didn't know, they gave me an escape.

"If he is your ex why are you talking to him?" Kayden gritted snapping me back to reality. I blinked my eyes a few times and shook my head.

"I wasn't, I was talking to my best friend Ellie. She knows everything that happened and, coming here, meeting you-"

"-I remind you of him."

I cast gave a small but curd nod and I watched as his nostrils flared. I looked down at my now suddenly interesting shoes. I even started fiddling with my fingers, when I heard a loud bang. I looked up and jumped to see that Kayden punched a locker and dented it.

"Kayden!" I gasped running up to him and looking at his red hand. He used his other hand to hold me close, "I will never, ever, be like him. I may be possessive and I may get jealous easily but I will never control you, and I will never hurt you. Ever."

I had tears in my eyes from his speech, but I remained looking at his knuckles which were red and starting to swell. He says that now, they will always say that in the beginning.

"Riley please look at me." His soft voice echoed in the hallway. I shook my head, he sighed and used his hurt hand to direct my eye up to his. My vision was glossy, but I could make out his softened features. His thumb pads wiped the stray tears away.

His knees buckled in and he went forward to his 6'2 self fell to his knees pulling my 5'4 body with him. His lips crashed onto mine in a sense of need and security. Like he will always protect me and never hurt me, that I was his and he is mine.

It felt like the scene in The Kissing Booth when Noah and Elle confess their love for each other in the closed-off gazebo. (A/N: Totally inspired by that movie btw.)

We stayed like that for a few minutes, the emotions all coming out in the kiss, the way he held onto me tightly but kissed me with such delicacy said it all to me. But I didn't know if I was ready.

I pulled away slowly, some stray tears fell on my cheeks as I looked at him. His eyes held so many emotions they couldn't be described. He leaned his forehead on mine, "Let me show you." He whispered. I nodded not trusting my voice and he helped me up off the floor.

When we got to the place I was extremely excited, and Whinnie was the opposite

When we got to the place I was extremely excited, and Whinnie was the opposite. We walked over to the boys who were smirking at us, these damn boys and their smirks!

We walked in and signed the papers, paid, and were showed into the waiting room. We opted to play three games, one normal team game, infection, and hide and seek. The workers explained to everyone how the first game worked before leading us into the equipment room where we put on the vests and activated out attached guns.