- 11 -

[Chapter 11 - Prom?]

- Riley -

I opened my eyes to the sound of chatter and the bell ringing. I look over at the school to see people coming outside, I turn my phone on to see many texts and calls but mainly the time. Lunchtime.

I really enjoyed that nap I took under the bleachers, midday naps are absolutely the best.

I smile and carefully stand up, grabbing my things and heading back indoors. The hallway mainly empty by the time I get there. I walked to my locker to grab the lunch my mother made me, she is on a craze about me eating healthier to help me heal.

When I got to my locker I opened it and noticed the door was heavier than usual. When I looked inside I saw my locker was decorated in red and white streamers and hearts. On the back of the locker I saw a cardstock home plate that said, 'I know I may strike out with this, but...'

I looked down to see a teddy bear holding a bouquet of roses, in front of it a baseball and sharpie. I picked up the baseball and saw it said something. 'Will you be my catch to prom?' and had a 'yes' and 'no' option written out on it. Maybe Kayden was different after all, but maybe he is the same in due time.

I tuned my conscience out and grabbed the sharpie circling the 'yes' option and grabbing the roses to smell them, why considering I already know what roses smell like? I'm not sure it just made me feel happy, no insecurities or anything.

"There you are!" A voice boomed through the hallway causing me to drop the baseball and flowers. I went to bend down to get them but hands on my arms caused me to tense up, you're okay Riley, it's not him.

I looked up to see Kayden who expressed very mixed emotions of relief, anger and worry. He pulled me into a light hug and kissed my forehead when he pulled back. "I was so worried when I couldn't find you. Where did you go? I tried calling you, everyone did!" He started ranting bending down to pick up my flowers and the baseball with the answer.

"I thought something bad happened to you, and I wouldn't have forgiven mys-" He stopped talking and when he did I looked down at him to see he had the baseball in his hands, looking at his answer. He rose up slowly before looking at me with a real smile, "Really?" he asked. I smiled and nodded, he then leaned in and kissed me on the lips with a long passionate kiss.

When he pulled away he handed me the roses and the ball, I took them putting them in my locker and turning back to him. He grabbed me by the face and pulled me in so his lips crashed onto mine, I wrapped my arms around his neck with a little pain in my pack and kissed him back to match his pace.

He pulled away and put his forehead on mine, "I-"

"Riley Seager there you are!" I heard a feminine voice yell and I rolled my eyes before pulling away from Kayden. I turned to see an angry Whinnie followed by a frantic Brantley and Ashton, the scene was quite funny honestly.

"What's going on here?" She asked with a hand on her hip, I rolled my eyes again "Kayden asked me to prom, and decided to kiss me cause I said yes." I said blatantly, Ashton and Brantley said their chorus' of applause to Kayden and Whinnie in anger turned to Brantley, "Why haven't you asked me to prom yet? I can't let her go alone!"

I almost laughed at her bluntness as she covered her mouth turning as red as her hair, as she realized what she just said. Brantley face palmed before crossing his arms, "Well if you would have followed me to my truck as I asked you to, then you would have found flowers and a poster in the bed of my truck asking you to prom. But you had to investigate what was going on here." He said glaring at Whinnie playfully.