- 7 -

[Chapter 7 - Unofficially Official?]

- Riley -

It's been about a week since Kayden kissed me. I feel like Corey may have been right about Kayden liking me. 

Kayden took the kiss as his way to get close to me, and I couldn't figure out if I liked it or not. I was scared in a way, I did not want a repeat of Travis.

But I also wasn't stopping it, nor was I encouraging it. Everything that happens is Kayden's doing, kissing me in the hallways, after practice, holding my hand, hugging me from behind - it was all him.

There are rumors starting to, I'm the new slut, he is just using me, I'm his next conquest, and more. To say it doesn't bother me would be a small lie because it did bother me a little bit.

At lunch, I found I had more attention on me than when I was the new girl. I still sat with Whinnie, but I had Kayden and a large majority of the baseball team starring, or at least throwing looks. Girls started envying me, and I found it difficult to make any more friends because they either hated me or wanted to use me to get to the baseball boys.

It was lunch now, and Whinnie and I were enjoying our food. "How can you eat that? You rabbit!" She laughed at me as I tossed my Ceasar salad. I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not really hungry, and I don't have a lot of money to buy more food."

"Guess its a good thing I bought extra food then, isn't it princess." A voice said from behind me. I shifted closer to Whinnie to give Kayden some room to sit. He and his friends Brantley and Ashton sat down. I turned and gave him a weird look, "Why aren't you sitting with the team?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't want to." He said blatantly, I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out what he is getting at. Everyone started to eat their food and I turned to my salad, stabbing it with the fork. "My princess isn't at the table so why should I be?" He whispered in my ear and my face flushed a pink color.

Whinnie raised her eyebrows at me in a suggestive way, and I stuck my tongue out at her. I turned to Kayden and noticed our close proximity, "I'm not yours, at least not officially."

I notice Kayden face fall and he turns to his food as I do the same. I turn to Whinnie who looks to be blushing like a mad man, I see Brantley has his gaze on her soo I threw a crouton at him. He turned to me and gave me a weird look so I did the sign with my fingers to my eyes saying I'm watching him.

He laughed and so did I, I felt Kayden wrap his arm around my waist and hold a tight grip. Awe, possessive I see. 

I looked up and him and he kissed my forehead making me smile. I heard him mumble a 'that's better' and I chuckled to myself. I started to eat my Ceasar salad, and Kayden stole my crouton. I gasped and swatted at his hand, but he already put it in his mouth. "Hey, that's my food!" 

He laughed and fed me a fry off his own plate, hey I wasn't complaining...a lot.

We ate lunch in comfortable silence, the boys cracking a joke here and there but Whinnie was extremely quiet. I wiggled out of Kayden's grip and shifted closer to her, "You okay?" I asked in a whisper.

She looked up at me with wide eyes and shook her head 'no'. I sighed and asked why to which she replied "Brantley, do you know how long I've been crushing on him? And because of whatever love fest you have with Kayden, he is here!" She whispers shouted.

I laughed, "Well talk to him. He is a nice guy you know? One of the very few guys on the team who hasn't tried to hit on me." She went to say something but my name was being called out and it got my attention.