Epilogue

[ 5 YEARS LATER ]

- Riley -

"Kayden if you don't hurry up, Kaylie and I will be leaving without you!" I called back the hall of our apartment. I heard some mumbles and I walked away with my baby girl in my arms.

"I still can't believe your 23, have a child and took over the role of trainer for the Dodgers." Corey sighed leaning on a chair in the kitchen.

"What jealous that I started my family before you?" I mocked him as I adjusted Kaylie's bow on her head.

He scoffed, "Look it took me time to find the right girl, but I did. And we had twins so we are already ahead of you." I rolled my eyes, "Yeah you were 27 when you met her and you had your twins by the time you turned 29. I'm 23 with a kid come at me."

"Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, quit fighting." Kayden came out of our room and slid himself beside me. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the house.

It was like this almost every day since I announced I was pregnant. Mom was excited, while dad and Corey have had it at me for being so young. But when you're with the person you love, you can't complain about age and timing - everything happens for a reason.

I buckled my six-month-old in her car seat and waited for the boys to finally get in the truck. Kayden drove and Corey sat in the back seat with his niece keeping her company as we drove to their first game of the season.

After highschool Kayden, Whinnie, Brantley and I ended up at USC (University of South Carolina) the boys on a full baseball scholarship. Whinnie went for writing and publishing and I attended for sports medicine and training.

From here Kayden and Brantley were drafted into the Dodgers which had me over the moon, as I had my closest friends with me. When I found out I was pregnant in my last semester of college Kayden was scared and almost pissed himself while Whinnie was too excited to be an aunt.

Kayden and I got an apartment in Los Angeles near Corey, who was very reluctant yet supportive during my pregnancy. During college, I got a paid internship with the LADs in order to become a trainer for them.

Today is the boys' first game of the season and I'm hoping they get to play. I will have to talk to Dave about the lineup, but being Corey's sister gave me an advantage as I already knew most of the players and coaches.

When we arrived at the stadium Kayden took Kaylie so I could talk to Dave and call Whinnie. She was supposed to be coming today and I'm hoping she can watch Kaylie during the game.

After talking to Dave, I was satisfied with his lineup and started to warm up the boys, something Dave has trusted me to do since my internship. The boys have never been fitter.

"Alright boys, let's go!" I called out. I saw the other team, the San Diego Padres, starting to warm up.

The boys all came over with their gloves and I gave them the rundown of warm-ups for today, we had to move quickly.

Once they started Whinnie met me on the field so she could take Kaylie, "Thanks so much for watching her." I smiled.

"It's fine, I haven't seen you guys in forever! Besides with one on the way, I have to get used to kids anyway!" My mouth dropped at the news when she realized she covered her mouth immediately.

"What?!" I screamed so loud the boys looked at me, but I told them to continue their warm-up and to get faster.

"Brantley doesn't know yet, and I wasn't supposed to tell you yet. I'm only a month and I'm waiting till after they win this game to tell him."

I squealed in delight, our lives are total cliches and I loved it. High school sweethearts and best friends went to the same college, and we all ended up in the same place afterward. It was too good to be true, and now that Whinnie is pregnant the cherry has topped the cake.

We finished warmups and the game started soon, Whinnie chose to sit in the dugouts with Kaylie and I was with Dave watching the boys play.

By the middle of the game, I realized that this is the best life I could live, it's everything I wanted with the man I love and the friends I need. I stood there smiling like an idiot for a few minutes before Dave scared me.

"Oh my god, don't scare me like that!" I lectured him, but he laughed. "You look a little dazed there, are you okay?" I nodded and smiled, "More than okay, I'm great."

This is the end end guys!

This whole story was a figure of my imagination so many relationships, dates, etc. are all made up. Including all characters (except those related to the MLB) are made up as well.

This is my first ever story completed so I hope those who have read enjoy it.

Like I said, it is a short story which is why it is so cliche and short.

follow, vote, and comment for any updates and releases of new short stories or even a full-fledged book if I ever could do it!

xoxo Aeryn