Something's Happening

Some time had passed since the Android revolution and just as humans were in the midst of adjusting to life among intelligent machines that felt and acted just as they did, androids were also still getting the hang of integrating themselves properly into society in beneficial ways that wouldn't only prove their worth but also prove that they deserved the same rights as any human. The entire country of America was recovering from coming so close to another world war and overall, it was working out quite well. Businesses weren't running people out of jobs but instead were finding solutions for ways in which could help progress how automatons and humans worked together towards the same goal; a goal that involved an effective and united society coming together in ways that could make the world more advanced and an overall better place to inhabit for all living beings.

Of course, with all good things came the bad as well. Androids were still discriminated against on a number of levels that still needed a bit of tweaking - educating the ignorant on how they were just as much alive as any human and that hate wouldn't solve anything. There were just some humans that would never learn and refused the change what could possibly benefit them more so than harm them due to stigma and the paranoia that androids were associated with.

Despite all of this, it seemed society as a whole was progressing nonetheless and returning to normal, albeit a more peaceful type of normal as opposed to a divided one.

Thanks to this, despite accepting his deviancy, Connor chose to maintain his job at the station as a permanent detective who'd work to make a living just like humans did. Other androids, as well, were scrambling to cling to different occupations and opportunities they had yet to experience in order to get their lives together and become functional members of society who all had a choice rather than a set purpose from the get go.

————————

Friday, 8:54 am.

"Lieutenant," Connor turns to face the man sitting at the desk across from him. "There have been two cases of reported homicides just this morning and I have reason to believe they may be connected. Shall we visit the scene of the crime to investigate?" He asks, eyeing Hank expectantly as he sips at his coffee.

Hank glances up at him before setting his mug down and giving a nod as he stands up. "Might as well get a kick start if you've already got an idea of what's goin' on. Give me the run down on the way there." He tells his partner and they prepare to depart.

————————

"Both bodies dismembered, unrecognizable upon first glance but DNA testing reveals—"

"Connor, do you really have to narrate the obvious?"

"Lieutenant, please. It's important to give a run down of what events have taken place to set an effective atmosphere."

The detective rolls his eyes and waves a dismissive hand before turning and making his way to the other side of the room in search of further evidence. "What else then?"

"The victims were 40 year old John Taylor and 42 year old Tom Adkins. Taylor was a lawyer who lived alone with no current living relatives. An avid smoker who'd indulge himself in drinking on the weekends. Adkins, too, seemed to have an affinity for alcohol as well as an unhealthy lifestyle that involved lack of a proper diet and self care for a number of years. One could assume that he was experiencing depression — perhaps due to a previous divorce. He also doesn't appear to have any living relatives." Connor informs Hank after combing both bodies throughly for evidence. He stands and glances back at the older man.

"Ya think maybe they were premeditated?"

"No doubt. From my indications, neither men even knew each other and yet they share the same killer. However, something they have in common could shed some light on why exactly they were targeted."