Tension

Connor had decided that he'd try to speak to Hank in the car on the way there but the car ride thus far had been filled with nothing but silence. Hank hadn't even bothered to turn on his music which was odd.

Connor clears his throat and leans forward in his seat, looking over at Hank. He had decided that the best way to approach the situation would be to keep any discussion about the mission, just in case he might have been wrong about Hank being upset.

"So... the substance abuse is taking place within a lower class neighborhood. It's a family of six. From what I've gathered so far, I assume there's a basement or garage in which the crime takes place so as to keep it hidden from others in the neighborhood." Connor says but Hank doesn't respond right away. Instead, he gives a grunt in acknowledgment.

After a long moment of still no reply, Connor grows somewhat impatient and decides to break the silence with his own thoughts. "Is everything okay, Hank? You've been oddly quiet since we left the office."

"M'fine." Hank says shortly, keeping his eyes trained on the road ahead.

"Are you positive? Your demeanor suggests that—"

"Would you stop observing me like I'm some kinda fuckin' object? You know I hate when you analyze me with that android bullshit." Hank snaps, glaring over at Connor for a brief moment before returning his eyes to the road.

Connor is a bit surprised by the outburst, having jumped a little in his seat even since he hadn't anticipated it. He figured Hank would be glad that he was concerned. He blinks and looks away, eyes roaming around the car momentarily before he decides to look out the window on his side instead. He considers apologizing but decides not to, assuming he'd be better off not speaking at all in order to avoid angering Hank any further. Why was he so hostile all of a sudden? Had he done something to upset him? Perhaps it was just the subject of red ice that had Hank on edge. It was what resulted in his son's death, after all. Perhaps it was still too touchy of a subject. Connor justifies Hank's actions by that, wanting to believe it's anything but him that's making the man upset.

Hank can't help but feel a bit bad for snapping at Connor like he had, especially after witnessing that look of surprise on his face — a reaction that mimicked that of a kicked puppy. Still, he says nothing to appease the situation. No other words are exchanged throughout the rest of the car ride and the Lieutenant is thankful when they finally arrive. Back to business.

Upon first glance, it would appear as though the residence had already vacated the premises. Connor steps out of the car and immediately begins scanning the area, the lack of vehicles giving him no indication that the occupants had left. "Judging by the tire tracks in the grass, I'm assuming they pulled their vehicles into the garage. They're still inside though." Connor says, looking back at Hank. He's hoping he can manage to impress Hank in some way during this bust in order to make him feel better about whatever it was that was bringing him down.

"Well, we still gotta check first. We can't just go barging into someone's house like maniacs." Hank responds, heading up the driveway and to the door.

The house was grungy looking, much like the rest of the neighborhood. The blinds inside that were drawn were crooked and missing pieces. Connor had managed to spot movement inside after getting a glimpse of something brushing across the blinds, causing them to rustle.

Hank knocks on the door and waits for a moment. No response. He knocks again, louder this time and calls out. "Detroit Police. We have reports of substance abuse at this address. Either you open up or we bust down the door." The Lieutenant says, his voice loud and stern. When there's still no response, he steps back and gives Connor a look, gesturing to the door.