Gavin and Connor #2

Monday, 11:46 am.

Gavin and RK900 arrive at the scene of the crime in which the third homicide had taken place.

Earlier that day after having an unexpected back and forth with Connor, Gavin had protested against taking his look alike with him. Not only did he hate androids but he specifically despised Connor, so having one of those tin cans follow him around with the same goofy face only irritated him more than it did help him. Besides, he was a great detective. Why the hell would he need help from a stupid robot?

Grumpily slamming the door of his car shut after stepping out, Gavin heads inside, the Android in his peripheral. Other officers littered the scene, marking evidence and conversing with one another about possible theories as to where the suspect could have taken off and what his motivations possibly could have been.

The detective approaches the body, eyes narrowed as he kneels down to examine it. Another middle aged man who appeared to have been more trouble than he was worth during his time alive. He had his throat cut clean open. It was a gruesome scene but nothing Gavin hadn't already witnessed in his time as a detective. "Looks like the fucker was in a rush with this one. Slit his throat and took off like the coward he is." He notes before going to stand. That's when he notices RK900 standing uncomfortably close, startling him enough to cause him to stumble back slightly and nearly fall.

"Jesus fuck—" The brunette let's out in surprise, taking a few steps back and shooting a glare at the android. "D'ya know what fuckin' personal space is?! Goddamn garbage can..." he grumbles under his breath as some officers around him snicker in amusement at his predicament. They probably all found it hilarious that the detective who was so well known for his hatred of androids had to work with one. This must have been how Hank had felt when he was forced to work with Connor. Despite this fleeting thought, he doesn't dwell on sympathizing with the older man considering the fact that he wasn't too keen on him, his feelings, nor did he care enough to even want to try to sympathize.

"Taylor Johansson. 48. Unemployed with a gambling problem." RK900 reports after scanning the body himself. "He was alone when he was attacked from behind while relaxing in his recliner." He adds, eyes peering around the room as he continues to scan for further evidence.

"Great. I coulda told you all that." Gavin sneers in response. "Why don't ya make yourself useful and actually find some evidence that'll further this investiga—"

"The suspect escaped through the window," RK900 interrupts Gavin mid-sentence, examining the cracked window near the sill so as to scan for DNA. He runs his finger along the surface curiously, eyes adjusting on a particularly muddy part of the backyard.

Well, atleast he doesn't sound exactly like Connor, Gavin tries to reason with himself so as to make working with this garbage can a less grueling experience. His mind was still fixed on that rather than the case itself. Fucking Android... acting like it knew more than him...like it could do his job better than him... the thought pissed him off to no end.

"Well, do you know where the suspect went or NOT?" Gavin asks, annoyance clear in his tone.

"I can reconstruct a path of possible routes our suspect took in his escape and calculate the percentages of which was the most likely." RK900 tells him, beginning to do just that. He climbs out of the window even though the door was only a few feet across the wall from the window and starts the reconstruction process. There were only three possible routes their suspect could have taken considering what the evidence had told him. The route with the highest percentage suggested that the suspect had been back at the scene only a few hours prior before the forensic team and clean up crew had arrived.