Workplace Drama

Monday, 7:30 am.

All eyes in the office appeared to fixate on Hank Anderson once he enters the building that morning, Connor trailing along behind him. He's immediately put off by this but fully aware as to why they were staring so he gives an amused scoff and rolls his eyes.

Connor, on the other hand, despite being aware of Hank's tendency to show up late, finds himself puzzled by the stares. It made him feel a bit self conscious for some reason. One thing in particular is in his mind as cause for this reaction though by all accounts it wouldn't make sense as to how they knew.

"Alright, I know I've got a killer streak for not showing up on ti—" Hanks starts but is suddenly cut off by Connor who speaks a bit louder than he would have preferred.

"Lieutenant, are they aware that we've been intimate? Is that the reason they're—" He stops himself from continuing when Hank whirls around to shoot him a look that Connor perceives to say 'shut up.'

Hank brushes some dog fur that he hadn't noticed earlier from his jacket and heads to his desk, trying not to give away how embarrassed he was by Connor's declaration to the entire office. What the actual fuck was he thinking? He's a robot — he was supposed to think before speaking, wasn't he?!

Most of the office occupants go back to work at their desks where as a few others appear amused by Hank's reaction to Connor's words. It came as both a surprise and yet it was something they totally expected and even if that wasn't what Connor meant by his words (which it was) they'd still take it and run with it just for a chance to mess with Hank. It was rare anyone in the office managed to get the better of him.

"Sorry, Lieutenant. I just... found that their staring was rude considering what we do at home is none of their business." Connor says, taking a seat in his desk across from Hank's.

Hank raises a hand to stop Connor from saying anymore, giving him a look of annoyance. "They were staring because I'm early today, genius." He says sourly, unable to help the color creeping onto his face. Damn android.

"...Oh." Connor lets out, blinking in realization. He shouldn't have been so quick to jump to conclusions; now he'd gone and made Hank upset. This wasn't at all how he'd hoped to start out the day. Connor is snapped out of his thoughts when he notices a familiar figure approaching him.

"Captain Fowler ordered me to deliver this information to your desks. It's about your previous homicide case." Says RK900.

Connor's LED spins yellow all of a sudden, matching his spike in surprise. No one else seemed to be batting an eye which puzzled him. He's quick to stand up to face the other Android, clear confusion on his face.

"What are you doing out of your holding cell?" Connor asks quickly, not yet taking the papers from the other android. Hank watches the exchange, just as confused as Connor. He takes a few looks around as if expecting someone, anyone, to start freaking out but no one does.

"Captain Fowler," RK900 starts but is interrupted by Fowler himself who calls Hank and Connor into his office. Right on cue.

The two keep a wary eye on the android as they head towards their superiors office.

"What the hell is he doing out of his cell, Jeffrey?" Hank asks with an expectant stare, arms folded over his chest. Connor stands next to him attentively, arms behind his back.