The Interrogation

"You seriously brought that trash can back?" Gavin asks with a scoff, knocking against the glass of the holding cell with his knuckles to get RK900's attention.

"Yes. Killing him wasn't the best decision so I fixed my mistake."

"What are you gonna do with him?"

"He's going to remain imprisoned until he manages to prove that he's no longer a threat to the outside world." Connor glances at Gavin. "Just like what we do with every other criminal." He says passive aggressively and thankfully Gavin's too fixed on the other Android to notice.

RK900 sits in the cell, staring at the wall across from him. He doesn't respond to Gavin's attempts to pester him or even to the conversation the two are having in his presence.

Hank approaches, arms folded over his chest. "You ever figure out what happened to those deviants this fuck tried to de-convert?" He asks, looking from RK900 and then to Connor.

"Oh," Connor lets out, realizing he had long forgot. "Oh," He says again, mentally kicking himself for not doing it sooner. "I better do that now." His LED flashes yellow as he contacts Markus where he stands, the humans looking to each other and then back at Connor.

Moments later, he turns back to the Lieutenant, straightening his posture some. "Markus says they're alright — he managed to reboot their systems while salvaging their memories without having to take them back to CyberLife. How he managed it though, I'm not sure."

"I'm not surprised. Pretty sure that guy's robot Jesus." Hank shrugs, glad to hear that Markus had managed to resolve their conditions before it got out of hand.

"We should interrogate RK900 to better understand his motivations. Perhaps it will help us prevent a similar situation in the future." Connor suggests and Hank gives a nod.

"Alright, just don't start another heart to heart. You might fry that things hard drive if you talk too much emotion to it. I mean, him." He corrects himself. He was still getting used to referring to androids with proper pronouns (save for Connor). He had been so used to them being perceived as nothing but inanimate objects for so long that it occasionally still seeped into his language.

"Why don't I interrogate him instead?" Gavin asks, looking from the confined android and over at Hank and Connor.

"You?" Hank asks, giving Gavin a look of mock surprise before scoffing. "You suck at communicating with androids, Reed. Or did you forget?"

"I don't suck at it," The other detective growls in response, his temper already getting the best of him. "I just... haven't bothered to actually try yet."

"Judging by your increased heart beat, I find that it's safe to assume that you're lying." Connor responds, trying his best to hide his own satisfied smile at besting the other man.

"Connor's calling you out, Reed." Hank snorts, amused. He reaches out a hand so as to high five Connor and the Android stares at his hand, momentarily confused. He's not sure what Hanks expecting so he just mimics his partners movement, pressing his hand to Hanks gently. Hank blinks at him before pulling his hand away. "That's... that's not how you high fi— ya know what? Just forget it." He looks back to Reed. "Why would you want to interrogate an android, anyway? You hate them."

"Well you hated that hunk of junk before too and look at you now! Probably boning it in your spare time." Gavin retorts, smirking in satisfaction at the expression Hank makes next. He could tell he was bothering him and he loved it.

"You're disgusting, Reed. It don't matter if you want to do the interrogation or not because this is our case, remember? You're still on that homicide case." Hank says, annoyance prevalent in his voice.