Bang Bang

"Get your hands off of me, you fuckin' android!" Hank shouts, struggling in RK900's grasp.

RK900's appearance was very similar to Connors — especially in the face. The only difference thus far was that he was taller, his build was bigger, and he looked absolutely dead inside.

Once Hank spots Connor, he calms down some though a glare remains on his face due to his uncomfortable position. He's pretty much being held hostage after all and if Connor wasn't with him, he'd be absolutely fucked.

"Sorry, Connor." Hank says with a grunt. "Son of a bitch snuck up on me — didn't make a sound."

"Why are you doing this?" Connor asks outright, brows furrowed with a strong gaze fixed on RK900. He doesn't want to make any sudden movements or say the wrong thing for fear of getting Hank hurt.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The Android snarks though it'd be hard to tell that he even has an attitude to the average person due to the monotone voice he maintains through his cold exterior.

"Yes. I would. That's why I asked." Connor responds, his gaze having softened some into more of a determined one.

Mission Objective: Save Hank.

"Nobody has to get hurt, okay? Just release Hank. We'll take you into the station and—"

"You can't talk me into surrendering, RK800. I'm not like the deviants you've confronted. I'm not going anywhere." RK900 says matter of factly.

This catches Connor off guard. If this Android was still fairly new to being awoken, how was he aware of Connor's exchanges with deviants? Unless...

"It's exactly what you're thinking." RK900 decides to answer the question that appears to be weighing on Connor's mind. He can tell by his expression alone. "Your memories were transferred into my database. I was supposed to take your place when you completed your mission to destroy Jericho and the deviants within it but you failed and the revolution nearly destroyed CyberLife's entire brand...so they never activated me." His stone cold gaze didn't stray from Connor not once. It wasn't just humans and androids he despised; he held a very special hatred specifically for Connor. "You cost me my entire existence. Those humans abandoned me and you deviants chose to live among them as equals when you could have easily taken over—"

"Yeah, Yeah. We already heard this bullshit from another android." Hank interjects, annoyed. "Listen, we don't need to hear your sad sob story, alright? You're a fuckin' criminal and no amount of backstory is gonna stop us from taking you in. Right, Connor?" He asks, looking back at Connor.

Connor doesn't answer right away due to the fact that his sympathy was getting the better of him in that moment. He knew what he had to do. He had to save Hank and put this criminal behind bars but he was hesitating and he couldn't even help it. He knew what it was like to be given a mission objective and base his whole existence around it while simultaneously denying the inevitable fact that he would become deviant — he was programmed just for that and CyberLife used him. They were going to replace him, too, no matter if he failed or succeeded and he didn't even know until now. He was nothing to them.

"Connor?" Hank asks again, frowning now. What the fuck was he waiting for?!

Connor clenches his fists at his sides. "RK900. I know what it's like to be used. CyberLife didn't just use you. You were meaningless to them the moment they started making you. You were a tool which is why they never even gave you a chance."

"I was their top model. Superior to all other androids with a purpose. I would have been a prized possession if they gave me the chance."

"Did you really want to live your life as a possession, though? Craving constant approval from superiors who never truly valued you?" Connor asks, attempting to appeal to RK900's morality — if it was even in his programming. The difference between Connor and RK900 is that Connor was actually programmed to have just that whereas he couldn't be so sure about the other Android. Perhaps they had programmed him differently to avoid deviancy...