Ch. 1 - Cheater, Cheater.

*Luke's P.O.V*

"I can't believe he cheated on me, after everything we went through!" I mutter to myself, slamming my fists against the door of one of the toilet doors, causing it to fly open and bang against the wall.

For the record, I had planned on going to class, but my heart was tearing in two and I was on the verge of tears, so I ran into the boys toilets that were beside my classroom instead.

Hearing footsteps outside, I quickly ducks inside the stall and shut the door behind me. The footsteps pass but instead of walking back out, I just sit down on the toilet, dropping my head in my hands as the tears I'd been fighting back start to slip from my eyes.

I, Luke Hemmings, most popular guy in the school, known just for being the 'hot bad boy', is crying in the toilets because some guy broke my heart, there are so many things wrong with this whole situation.

If anyone found out about this, I would be the laughing stock of the whole school. Not that I should care, I didn't even want to be popular, it's all because of my stupid Australian accent, everyone wanted to be friends with the new 'hot' Aussie boy.

I had to move here to Los Angeles at the start of what would've been my 8th grade back in Australia. The reason I had to move was because Dad got some job here, he doesn't have that job anymore though, he works at a record store now.

I had made lots of fake friends on my firs day of school in America, but I also met my first real friend- even in Australia I didn't have any real friends, heck, I barely had any friends at all- Ashton Irwin, a fellow Aussie, who had moved here a few months before. He understood what I was going through because he had automatically become the most popular guy in the school just for being Aussie.

Then at the start of year nine, two new kids showed up at school. One of them sounded Aussie, which I thought would bring people swarming around him, but something was holding people back, and I couldn't figure out if it was his bright pink hair or the fact that he wasn't alone. The other guy was a Kiwi, though for some strange reason, everyone kept thinking he was Asian, which stumped me because he didn't look Asian, Ashton joked that the only reason we could tell he was Kiwi instead of Asian was because we were Australian.

Later that day, we found out that the Aussie guy's name was Michael Clifford... Okay, I found out cause I got stuck being paired with him for science class. Anyway, he mentioned wishing his best friend, Calum Hood, was in this class so he didn't have to be paired with me.

Not gonna lie, that stung a little... What had I done to him to deserve that harsh comment.

So, since he wasn't playing nice, neither was I... "Pink haired freak, what are you? Gay?" I remember spitting the words at him like venom. I remember his body tensing up at my words and the hurt look on his eyes, which vanished seconds later before he snapped back at me with "Why? Jealous you can't get any of this, but Calum can?". I've never shut up quicker than I did after that comment.

After that, Michael & I only spoke to each other when we were fighting or forced to speak for projects- which never ended well, might I add.

Believe it or not, there was nothing more I hated than seeing Michael with Calum, wether they were just talking, holding hands, or having a full on pash in the middle of the cafeteria. I was jealous, no doubt, and the only person I dared admit it to was Ashton, my best friend.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie about not being jealous, because I was. I was so jealous of Calum that Ashton swore I was turning green.

I had known for years that I was gay, so right from when I first laid eyes on Michael, I knew he was trouble.