Ch. 9 - From Enemies To Friends..

*Michael's P.O.V*

It's weird how things turn out...

Before tonight, Ashton & I were never really friends... I'm not sure why though, I think he kind of hated me, first for being mean to Luke, and then stealing Luke from him. I never really 'hated' Ashton, I think it was just the fact that he didn't like me that made me not like him.

I guess maybe that's the bright side of this event... Luke & Calum both have something extra to wake up to, both their boyfriend and best friend are finally friends.

I know that's something Luke & Calum used to complain about all the time. "Why can't you just be friends with him, he's actually a really cool guy!" they would both whine to me.

Well, they got their wish... It just fucking sucks that this is how it had to happen.

Speaking of Calum & Luke, we managed to arrange for them to both end up in the same room, that way we could stay with both of them.

At the moment, the room is pretty quiet, aside from mine & Ashton's whispering. But earlier, holy crap, there were like five worried parents in here.

There was Luke's parents- they had taken Ben & Jack home first- and Calum's parents, and Ashton's mom- his step dad was collecting Ashton's car, which luckily wasn't in too bad of a condition.

My parents were the only ones that didn't show up, but that was because I wasn't injured. I did call my Mom though and tell her what had happened, she had offered to come pick me up but I said I'd probably stay with Luke tonight.

At one point, the doctor was talking to Luke's parents, Ashton & I about Luke's mental health. Asking questions like "Is he depressed?" Which Ashton I both shouted "No" as a response.

One question almost made my heart stop, and caused Ashton- who was sitting in my lap, leaning against my chest- to dig his nails into my thigh nervously. "Did you know that Luke self-harms?".

His parents were shocked and said no... Then everyone turned to us...

"Did you two know?" The doctor asked. I heard Ashton gulp nervously before choking out a quiet 'yes'. All I could do was nod slightly. "How long has he been doing it for?".

"Since before he moved here from Australia" Ashton replies reluctantly.

"He had stopped" I hear myself say before I had time to actually think it though.

"Yeah, three months clean, it was a new record... We were helping him get though it" Ashton explains.

Luke's mom started crying over how she couldn't believe she never knew about her baby hurting himself.

Then the doctor suggested that Luke start going to therapy sessions, to which Ashton & I shouted an in sync 'No'.

Ashton awkwardly cleared his throat before explaining how much Luke actually feared getting sent to therapy, and that we really were helping him get better.

His parents eventually decided to trust us and turned down the therapy idea. Then the doctor wrote out a prescription for some kind of anti-depressant and ordered Luke's parents to give them to him.

I think both Ashton & myself both figured it was best not to argue about the pills... We had already argued about everything else.

A quiet groan snaps me back to reality and I look up at Luke as his eyes flutter open.

*Luke's P.O.V*

I'm still alive..

Sorry world, I know you'd be better off without me... But I guess it wasn't meant to be... Not yet.

Wait... This isn't my bed... Where the fucking hell am I?!

I can suddenly feel something stuck in my wrist and instantly realise where I am... I'm in a fucking hospital.

I let out a quiet groan before forcing my eyes to open and blink a few times.

The first thing I see when my vision focuses is... Michael staring at me sleepily. Then I notice Ashton, curled up on Michael's lap, fast asleep and drooling on his shoulder.

Out of all the things I could have chosen to say as my first words to Michael after everything that just happened, I somehow end up going with "How long have you been cheating on me with my best friend?".

Michael must of realised I was joking before he just chuckled and shook his head. "I can't believe you" he scoffs.

"Seriously though, how long have you been close friends?" I ask curiously.

"Since we both had our boyfriend and best friend end up in hospital" he replies nervously, glancing over at the bed beside mine. My eyes follow his gaze and my heart nearly leaps out of my chest when I see Calum lying in the bed, fast asleep.

"What happened?!" I ask, quickly pulling myself up into a sitting position.

"They were on their way to meet us here when Ashton crashed into another car" Michael explains.

"Us?" I ask in confusion.

"Us." He replies, pursing his lips together. "How do you think you got here, Luke? Who do you think ran for ten minutes just to make sure you were okay, only to find you passed out on the floor?" He asks, his voice shaking slightly as tears start to form in his eyes.

"Michael, I'm so sorry" I choke out. "I'm so sorry, for everything! I'm such an asshole! I'm so sorry!" I say, bursting into tears.

"It's okay, Luke!" Michael says quietly. "I'd love to push Ashton off of my lap and hug you, but he's had a really rough night and I want to let him rest" Michael apologises.

"It's okay" I sniff, "I can wait".