Ch. 3 - Stay Stay Stay

*Michael's P.O.V*

"Ashton, are you listening to me?" Calum asks Ashton over the phone.

"Nope" Ashton says simply.

"You said you would be here" Calum complains.

"We were" Ashton tells him.

"Oh, you were? Well we're are you now?!" Calum asks in annoyance.

"Outside, sitting at a café, you know, the one right outside where you obviously are now" Ashton explains.

"I swear to god" Calum mumbles, grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the door. "Finally" Calum sighs when he spots Ashton & Luke sitting at a table outside. He hangs up on Ashton and shoves his phone in his pocket as we walk over to them.

When we reach the table, I notice that Luke is eyeing off the penguin toy, trying not to look as interested as he really was.

"I brought it for you" I say, my voice coming out weaker than I had meant it to, as I hold it out towards him. His eyes light up but he fights back a smile.

"Thanks, it's... Cute" he says quietly, taking it from me and sitting it in his lap, because it's too big to go on the table- considering there are going to be mugs and plates here soon.

"We already ordered for all four of us" Ashton tells us as Calum and I sit down. Ashton & Luke were sitting together, so Calum & I had to sit across from them... It kind of makes this whole thing feel like a war.

"Very thoughtful of you, what did you order for Michael? Air with a side of more air?" Calum asks Ashton bitterly. I bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing.

"Funny" Ashton says in annoyance, "Actually, Luke told me to".

"You were ordering for Calum" Luke groans as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, well Calum's not a cheater" Ashton snaps, glaring at me.

"He's not" Calum sighs.

"I caught him!" Luke shouts, earning a few weird looks from people at surrounding tables.

"Felicity is an old friend from back home, we were best friends and haven't seen her since moving here" Calum explains.

"Really close old friend" Luke mutters, staring down at the penguin toy in his lap.

"Oh, and did I forget to mention the fact that's she's a lesbian" Calum adds bitterly.

"What?" Luke asks, looking up at Calum & I.

"She has a girlfriend, the kiss was something we used to do back home as a joke" I tell him.

"A joke?" Ashton scoffs.

"Yeah, kind of like when straight girls or straight guys act gay together as a joke, we pretended to act straight with Felicity & her girlfriend, Wendy" Calum explains.

Ashton & Luke go quiet. "You do believe us right? You don't really think I would cheat on you? Do you?" I ask nervously.

Luke moves the penguin onto the table with a sigh and just stares at it for a moment. "Of course, Michael" he finally replied, glancing up at me. I let out a sigh of relief. "But" Luke mumbles.

"But?" I choke out quietly.

"I think we should take a break" he says quietly.

"What?!" Calum & Ashton both ask in disbelief.

"But I wasn't cheating" I say in a shaky voice.

"But you didn't tell me about Felicity and that it was all a joke, Michael, it hurt because I didn't know" he tells me.