Nightmares

Later on in the evening, I lay in bed trying to get some rest. I could hear the boys chattering away as they filmed an episode of the camp cast, hearing their distinct chatter made me feel more at home as I closed my eyes and drifted into a restless sleep. 

I jolted upright in panic as I awoke from a nightmare, the events of the night before still swirling around my mind as I tried to rid myself of the image. My breathing was quick and shallow, and I could feel the tears that stained my cheeks. Quickly wiping them away, I got out of bed and moved towards the bathroom to splash some cold water on my now red face. I sighed looking in the mirror, eyes trained on the bruises that littered my face. After standing there for a moment, unmoving, I made the decision to make my way towards Frasers room. 

As I neared his room I could see the faint glow of light from under his door letting me know that he is still awake. I stood outside his door for a moment, debating whether or not I should just go back to my own room before knocking gently on his door. I waited for a moment but heard no response. Deciding that it was likely that he had headphones on, I chose to walk in. As I opened the door, I saw Fraser sat in his bed, headphones on as he watched something on his laptop. He jumped slightly as he noticed me, "El" he spoke in a gasp, "I thought you were asleep" he said as I made my way over to his bed, "I was but I-" I paused not being able to find the right words. 

Fraser somehow understood the message that I was attempting to convey to him, as he removed his headphones and placed his laptop to the side as he lifted the duvet and opened his arms motioning for me to get into the bed with him. I got into bed and he placed the duvet over me before wrapping his arms around my waist cuddling me into his chest and we both lay there wordlessly as we listened to the sound of each others hearts calming as we both fell into a deep sleep.