That's When I Get Knocked Down

I had just got in from work and went to quickly get changed knowing that the boys wanted to have a movie night. I slip into some joggers and one of Fraser's hoodies before making my way out to the living room with a bunch of blankets, throwing them at the boys who were already sat on the sofa. I made my way over to them and sat down next to Fraser, only for him to pull me onto his lap, I smiled and kissed his cheek before making myself comfortable and throwing a blanket over us. 

As I was doing this James was pouring drinks for everyone, handing them out one by one before he started offering the snacks round. Feeling a little sick I decided to stay away from the snacks as we started the first movie. As we were watching the movie I could feel Fraser's hand trailing up and down my arm giving me goose bumps, I shivered slightly causing him to look away from the movie and down at me, "You okay?" He whispered and I shook my head slightly, "I don't feel right" I whispered, "Do you wanna go lie down for a bit?" He asked and I nodded as I stood up. I noticed Fraser was about to follow so I stopped him, "I'm fine Frase, I'll be out in like an hour" he nodded warily and I could feel his eyes following me as I walked away from him. 

I got to the other side of the living room when I began to feel dizzy, black dotting across my vision as I gripped onto the back of the sofa in an attempt to steady myself, "El?" I faintly heard a voice ask as darkness completely took over my vision and I felt myself falling sway before I fell to the ground. 

***Fraser's P.O.V***

"El?" I asked as she stopped on the other side of the living room, all the colour had drained from her face as her hand gripped the sofa, her knuckles turning white "Are you okay?" I asked as my concern began to grow. She didn't respond, I don't think she can even hear me. I get up and start making my way over to her just as she falls to the ground and begins having a seizure. 

***At the Hospital***

"This is Elizabeth Teller, twenty two years old. She's had a seizure about-" I wasn't listening to what the paramedics told the doctors, all I could focus on was the fact that I might lose her. I don't even know who I am without her. The thoughts of losing her completely consumed me as I continued down the hallway.

***Five Hours Later***Normal P.O.V***

I opened my eyes to a blinding light, looking around me I recognised the familiar surroundings of the hospital. I could feel a tight grip on my hand, I turned to see Fraser practically jumping from his seat and calling for a doctor. Dylan walked into the room and practically ran  to my side, "How are you feeling?" he asked, "I'm not sure, you tell me Dylan" I said curious as to what was going on. "You had a seizure" he stated and I nodded slowly, "I'm fully aware of that Dylan I was waiting for you to tell me why" I chuckled slightly trying to lighten the tense atmosphere. "You had a subdural hematoma" he said clearly not happy, "had? So I'm all fixed up now? I can go home?" I asked and he shook his head, "You won't be going home for a while Elizabeth" He said stubbornly and I sighed knowing he was right, "how long?" I asked, "At least a week before you discharge yourself again, better to be safe" I nodded as he walked away finishing his checks. "You discharged yourself before they could give you a scan?" Fraser whisper shouted at me, "How could you be so stupid, I mean you're a paramedic El. You would have known that you hit your head and you would have known that this could happen" he was shouting but I could tell he was more afraid than angry.

When I didn't respond he sighed and flopped down into the chair that he had risen from, placing his head in his hands, "When you-" he cut himself off, clearly not knowing the right words to say, "When I saw you lying there surrounded by paramedics, when I thought I might lose you, it  occurred to me that one day I might have to live without you. I don't want that El. I don't want to ever have to live without you. I don't know what I'd do. How would I even get up the morning knowing that you wouldn't be there anymore. It never really occurred to me before today that it was a possibility you know, and the thought that I would have to- Just the thought of it El I don't even want to think about it because the thought of that-" he took a deep breath as he tried to control his ragged breathing. "It fucking terrifies me El" He admitted as he raised his head so that I could see the tears streaming down his face. "Frase" I said not sure what to say to comfort him.

"I love you"