difficult ~ mike wheeler

A/N: Hi I'm depressed today so this is kind of sort of really sad oops.

Also this isn't rly a song imagine, this song just really fits with the imagine and it's what I listened to whilst writing this :D

~

"Why are you always so difficult?"
"What do you mean?" I stopped pacing.
"You're always so fucking difficult!" Mike exclaimed.
"Oh jesus, I'm sorry!" I span around to face him, "I'm sorry I'm not okay that you kissed my best friend!"
"It was one time, Y/N, get over it!" He pushed the sides of his forehead up with frustration.
"Oh my god," I whispered to myself. "Oh my god."
"What?"
"You're an asshole." I couldn't even look him in the eye. "You are such an asshole!"
Mike scoffed, "More like you're overreacting."
"Overreacting? Overreacting. Right. You know, why don't I call Max, Mike? Why don't I call her and ask her how she'd feel if Lucas went and kissed me." I said, "Or better yet, why don't you tell me how you'd feel if I'd kissed Will."
Mike shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'd be pretty pissed. But I'd forgive him. I mean, come on. It's a girl, sometimes you've just gotta kiss them."
"You disgust me." I shook my head. "You piece of shit, Mike!"
"Why are you always so jealous?!" He raised his voice slightly.
"Because, Mike! I always thought that I was punching. Turns out, it's you going higher than your weight."
"Oh shut the fuck up, as if I care." He sat down on the chair behind him.
"Yeah, right. Of course you don't care." I breathed in to steady myself. "You know, thank you for tonight. At least now I know that you're a selfish jerk." I took multiple steps backwards. My hand closed around the cold doorknob.
I heard Mike stand up from the chair. "Walk out that door and we're through, Y/N."
"Yeah?" I turned and met his eyes for the first time in an hour. "And what would be so bad about that?"

Mike's P.O.V.

It's been 2 hours since she left. 2 hours since the only thing that's ever made me happy walked out the door 3ft away from me. 2 hours of me sat in the same position since I collapsed back into the chair after she went. Did I love her? Yes. Was I sorry? I wasn't sure. El meant nothing to me. That kiss meant nothing to me. I wasn't even really sure why I did it. I'd really just hoped she'd never find out. But of course she did, I was stupid to think that El wouldn't call her best friend to tell her. To tell her she'd just had to push her best friend's boyfriend off her. El was just...she'd been there. She'd been there for me when Y/N hadn't. Not that she wouldn't have been if she'd known. If I'd just told her what'd happened, none of this would've happened. She'd have been here; in my arms. But she wasn't. She wasn't now and she probably never would be again. Because I'd gone and screwed up the first good thing that'd happened to me. I couldn't do this. I couldn't do this without her. I got up and grabbed the phone off the holder, punching in the number I knew so well. It was only when I caught sight of myself in the mirror that I realised I'd been crying. Of course it went to fucking voicemail. What else did I expect? "Y/N." I choked out, "Y/N, it's me. It's Mike. I just...I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry. I'm a piece of shit. I'm a stupid, selfish, fucking useless jerk, and I am so sorry I ever hurt you. I am so sorry. And I know I've screwed this up now. I know I have. I don't expect you to take me back. You'd be an idiot to do that. You'd be a really, really stupid idiot. But I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"I just miss him." I said quietly. "I'm sorry."
"Why are you sorry?" El frowned, stroking my hair gently; my head was resting on her lap.
"Because I shouldn't." I sniffed, pulling the blanket closer around my body. "I shouldn't still love him."
"Of course you should." She said, "Otherwise these past 10 months have been a colossal waste of your time."
"I guess you're right," I sat up, my hair a mess; thick with tears. "But I can't let myself take him back. I just can't."
"But," She paused, "You have to. Come on, Y/N, it's you guys. It's you and Mike."
"I know, El." I said, "I know."
"I never should have said anything." El brought a hand up to her face, "This is all my fault."
"No," I held the hand she'd raised with my own. "No. You were right in telling me. Thankyou."
"Please." There was so much sadness in her face, "Please figure this out. You two have to work this out, you always do."
I shook my head, fighting back tears. "I don't think we can. Not this time."
I didn't think I'd ever seen her this sad. It was as if her whole world was falling apart. I guess, in a way, it was. Mike and I were all she'd ever known. When we first found her, we'd looked after her together. She'd witnessed the whole 'oh my god i like my best friend' phase. Seen all the giggly blushy parts. El had even been there when he asked me out. She'd seen how happy we both were since he had. She'd watched us fall in love. 10 months. 10 whole months of my life. I'd spent 304 days devoted to and dedicating my time to him.
"It was just...it was just one kiss, right?" El asked, tears shining in her eyes.
"Yeah, El." I said, "But it's not just that. It's just...I think it's been a long time coming."
"I think I should go." She whispered, moving off the bed. For a moment, El just stood in the doorway. Then she turned around and threw herself at me. Her arms wrapped tightly around me. "I am sorry." She said, before letting go. A sad smile was flashed at me before she left my bedroom, shutting the door behind her carefully. I heard her go down the stairs, then a minute later; my front door shut. "Bastard." I said under my breath, "He's such a fucking bastard." Fumbling for the phone, I pressed in the code for my answer machine. I just knew they'd have called. All of them would know by now. Sure enough, there were voicemails from Dustin, Lucas, Will and Max. Even Steve had called, so had Robin. Great. The last thing I wanted right now was pity. Stupid sympathy. Annoying head tilts as everyone asked if I was okay. They "never thought this day would come". Yeah, no shit, neither did I. Then it clicked onto the last message. The voice was instantly recognisable. "Y/N." Pause. "Y/N, it's me. It's Mike. I just...I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry. I'm a piece of shit. I'm a stupid, selfish, fucking useless jerk, and I am so sorry I ever hurt you. I am so sorry. And I know I've screwed this up now. I know I have. I don't expect you to take me back. You'd be an idiot to do that. You'd be a really, really stupid idiot. But I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you."

I sat in silence for a couple of minutes, the only sound being my unsteady breathing. Then I played the message again. I replayed it about three, maybe even four more times. As he said that last sentence for fifth time, I said it along with him. "I love you."

~

Okay so...should I do a Part 2, or should I just leave it like it is?

Thanks for reading, have a great day/night, peace leaves 🍃💞