Capsicle

A couple of weeks later...

Steve's pov

Tony had been cooped up in his lab for the past several hours. Bucky had just finished a batch of his oatmeal cookies, so I decided to bring a couple to Tony. They were actually pretty good this time, which saying something because Bucky was a horrible cook. The only people in the tower that could cook were Nat and I. We usually ate takeout.

When I rounded the corner to Tony's lab, I heard voices.

"I'm telling you, Peter, I'm fine," a voice said. It sounded like it belonged to a girl possibly in her teens. 

Why was there a teenager in Tony's lab?

"Maisy, you are not. Let me help," a voice, Peter, responded with concern. He too sounded like a teen.

Help? Something wrong? Was this some kind of intervention I stumbled upon?

"Look, it happened all the time when I was with them," the girl, Maisy said.

"That doesn't mean you keep letting it happen," Tony said sounding exasperated.

"Exactly," Peter responded.

"I can handle it," Maisy said sounding annoyed.

What was going on?

"That doesn't mean you should," Peter yelled.

"Why does it matter?" she screamed back.

"Because you got shot, Maisy, again," Peter yelled. "This is the third time this week and it's Tuesday. Why won't you let me take the bullets?"

Shot? What kind of teenagers are they? Getting shot at? 

I emerged from behind the door effectively silencing them.

"Hi, honey," Tony said smiling, but I knew the smile was fake. 

"Don't Hi, honey, me, Tony," I said looking expectantly at him. 

"So these are my interns," Tony said gesturing to the kids.

There were two, a boy and a girl just as I heard. They couldn't be older than 15. The boy had a mop of brown hair. His expression was fuming. The girl had wavy silver hair and was slim and pale, but her expression was fierce. Her eyes were deep brown like the boy. Both were wide doe eyes giving the impression of innocence. But the girl had a needle halfway through the skin of her shoulder.

"ARE YOU SEWING A BULLETT WOUND CLOSED WITH A SEWING NEEDLE?!?!?!" I calmly asked the girl.

"Yes, please stop screaming," she responded pulling the needle through. She didn't even wince.

"Explain now, Tony," I demanded.

"Well these are my interns, Maisy and Peter," Tony began.

The kids both waved to me but said nothing.

"Kiddos, this is my husband Caspicle."

I sighed and let him continue.

"They're both geniuses and help me with my projects. They're 14," Tony said proudly.

The kids blushed.

"Well that's all well and dandy, but I want to know why this is the third time this week Maisy's been shot. What are kids doing?"

"It's easier if we show you," Peter said and Maisy nodded. Then the boy disappeared.

I looked up to see him On tHe CeiLiNg. WHAT?! 

"I can also do this," Peter said. Then a white substance shot out of his wrist towards the girl. She moved her arms in a circle thing and a silver field surrounded her. How was she doing that?! He shot another, and she blasted it out of air. Then she shot a ball of silver a hit and he dodged at an impossible speed like he knew it was coming. Then another ball hit him, dislodging him from the ceiling, but before he fell, he was enveloped in sliver light that put him safely on the ground.

"I've seen those powers before. Spiderman and the new girl," I said. Maisy looked offended. "Spiderman is 14!!?! Tony how could drag kids into our world," I yelled at my husband.

"I didn't drag them in, they drag themselves. I'm here so that they don't get themselves killed."

"Okay. It's just, our world is dangerous. I don't want kids getting hurt because they're like us," I said calmly.

"I know. I don't either, but we can't stop them," Tony said rubbing my back. I smiled.

"Those are some pretty cool gifts you got kids. I'm Steve. Want some cookies?" I said smiling at the kids. I offered them the plate.

"Heck yeah we do," Peter said and webbed the plate towards him.

"Hey no fair, bugboy,"  Maisy said pulling it towards her with the silver ribbons of light. Soon they were immersed in a game of tug-o-war, laughing and giggling. I was beginning to see why Tony seemed so fond of them. It made me want kids. I'd talk to Tony about that later. Right now, I just watched them with a smile.