[28]

---

---

Bella and I had been invited to one of the tribe's bonfires a few days ago. We both heard the story of one of the women in the tribe sacrificing herself to save the tribe. During this time I avoided Leah because I was yet to tell her about the Jasper situation or the situation with my parents. I knew I needed to tell her but I couldn't yet. She'd be annoyed and I wasn't ready for that. So I sat with Paul, knowing Leah hated him. 

The whole story still lingered on my mind even days later but was pushed to the side by the lingering threat of the Seattle situation. 

I sat in the Cullens living room, watching the news with Jasper by my side, he was holding my hand, stroking his thumb along the back of it in an attempt to comfort me. 

"It's getting worse," Carlisle informed. "We're going to have to do something." He turned off the TV. 

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous," Jasper told.

"It's Newborns," Edward voiced. 

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked. 

"No, newborn puppies, Bella, cute little puppies are destroying Seattle," I retorted. 

"Sky," Bella exclaimed. 

"Don't ask dumb questions," I replied. 

"Like you don't ask stupid questions, remember our module on plant biology," she reminded. 

"It's the one part of biology I don't get," I whined. "I still did better than you overall."

"I'd hope so, little miss Ivy League," she teased.

"In the first few months after the change," Edward began, distracting us from our little argument. 

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper finished. 

"Something to look forward to," Emmett quipped.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper spoke. 

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle theorised.

"Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle," Emmett informed, jumping up from where he was sitting, walking across the sofa. 

"What the- Why did you walk on the sofa? With shoes on," I exclaimed. 

Emmett rolled his eyes at me and the others ignored me, except Jasper who chuckled, pulling me closer to him. 

"An army of vampires?" Bella questioned.

"And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper voiced. 

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Edward revealed. 

"Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long," Carlisle interrupted.