part 12

Afternoon

AR Office

Arnav is in his cabin doing some work when he got a call from his PA that the PI has come to their office and wanted to meet him. So, he immediately told Aman to send him in. He is waiting eagerly for him after the phone call he got from his PI. He is thinking about the night when he got to know some truth. As he is lost in his thoughts of What's and why's?

He didn't notice when the PI knocked on his cabin door and out of not getting anything as a response, the PI came inside only to look at his boss who is no less than a brother and a mentor to him.

"ASR", called PI Karthi.

"Uhh...Yeah! Karthi?" said Arnav as soon as he came back to earth listening to ASR from a powerful pitch Person who is none other than Karthi, a private investigator who has his own organization and a Deputy field officer in Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).

"Come to Karthi, I was waiting for you! Sorry that I didn't notice you knocking on my cabin. Come and sit", said Arnav as soon as he looked at Karthi.

Karthi smiled at him and took a seat opposite Arnav.

Karthi is an Orphan who was a fellow mate to Akash in High School and used to stay in an orphanage. He used to stay aloof from everyone, But One day, He noticed Aakash's elder brother Arnav who visited Akash but fainted due to his low diabetes, at the same time Akash went to the library. So he is obvious to the happenings. Karthi looked at him fainting and immediately made him drink the water. Karthi was 3 years younger than him. That was the first time when Arnav said Thank you to the little boy who helped him and Karthi who used to stay aloof felt something like relief and liveliness looking at the guy who is 3 years elder than him. He used to think that he is the only one who is lonely and unwanted, an unlucky person in this world. But after looking at Arnav, his little heart realized and is relieved that he is not only the unlucky one, there are many others who are unlucky. He thanked God that he didn't get any diabetes if he was really the unlucky one he would have got it. He was just a teenager and he couldn't think & thank God more but feel sorry for Arnav as he got diabetes. That were the exact words left from his mouth after Arnav gained consciousness back which raised his pain and sorrow which he covered with his temper. That was the very first-time Arnav raised his voice against a child cum teenager. Karthi who felt some kind of relief with Arnav didn't want him to go away. So, he apologized to him and Arnav for the first time after his mother's death and told him not to look at anyone with sympathy because it hurts their self-respect and self-confidence. He listened to him and that was the last time he looked at anyone with sympathy, he became his mentor and a brother. But the mentor himself stopped following that after his landing abroad for higher education. He became more actor in real-life who very well knows how to mask his emotions. After looking at the people who used to throw sympathetic and pitiful looks at him as if he is nothing new and can't do anything, being a famous industrialist's son it was a disadvantage for him and few more looks of someone who looks at him as if he is a criminal being Malik's blood. On the other side, a few more looks at him as if he is illegal and a bastard's son will be a bastard. He then understood that people will say a lot and a lot about anyone which can lessen someone's self-confidence. So he started acting, acting as a powerful man who doesn't care about anything and masks every emotion with an arrogant glint. He made himself a powerful man with whom nobody can get their way as they want.

"ASR! This was the video of that lady, Parvathi. She kidnapped a woman and kept her in an old building. This is the video of her ASR. Look at it", said Karthi and gave him his Pen drive.