Chapter 6| Routine

Kelly lowers her gaze and excuses herself as she leaves the room. Hunter looked up at me but not before me recognizing that his gaze stayed a few seconds more than necessary on the skirt slit.

He looks at my eyes, 'I'm sure I mentioned yesterday that I like things professional?'

'You did', I nod my head, somewhat out of place.

'Do you not own any attire that's not revealing in some way?'

I open my mouth to answer but close it again after realizing I had nothing to say.

He seemed to take my silence as a form of submission and turned to walk away.

'It's just a slit', I muttered under my breath.

I gathered the coffee and a muffin from the bag and place it on a tray that was on my table. I pick it up, praying, that I wouldn't let the contents slip.

I slowly nudge open Hunter's door with the toes of my foot and head in, though only minutes passed from our encounter, he was already deeply immersed in paperwork; his forehead was scrunched up with thought. His whole focus was so devoted to his work that he barely registered my entrance.

'Place it here and leave. I'll email everything you have to do for today to your desktop', he directs rather distractedly.

After placing the tray, I start pulling my skirt down for something to do,'Alright Sir. Ring me if you need me'

I turned to leave but just before closing the door, I heard him answer a call and say something like, 'Tell her I'm not interested and that the merger isn't considered valuable to me'

He seemed tired and as if he had this conversation one too many times. I quickly closed his door as to give him privacy and head to my office. I sit on the creamy office chair and look at the sleek silver Mac Book in front of me.

It felt thin and easily breakable. It took all my bravery to open it. I couldn't pay back for repairs if anything were to happen to it. Immediately it opened to my email account. There was already a mail from Mister Black.

I open it and begin the routine that would go on for more than just today.