Chapter 9 | Woops

I didn't expect to spend the rest of the day trapped in an elevator with Mr.Hothead. they promised to save us soon but they kept repeating that same message with that same monotonic voice again. And again. And again. And again.

And a few more times.

'Why can't they fucking get us out already?', Hunter grumbles to himself and I see him pulling at his tie, loosening the knot,'it's bad enough we're stuck but did they have to switch off the air conditioning as well?'

'Probably part of the malfunction', I reply a little breathless as I stare at him now removing the first few buttons of his shirt; displaying god's work of an art that is his hairless toned chest.

He looks at me,'You know I always thought it was rude to stare at someone. Is it not rude?'

'It is', I reply almost too quickly.

'Then why', he steps closer to me and I step back till I leaned on the wall and he was inches apart,'do you keep staring?'

Time couldn't have been more of a savior when the lights come back on and the elevator rumbles to life.

'Finally', he stands tall and looks at the doors.

I still leaned against the wall for support. My legs felt like they were made of Jello.

The doors ding open and he steps out.

'Stupid', I mutter to myself as I step out,'Stupid stupid stupid'