Chapter Eleven: The Angel of Revenge

We spent our Wednesday afternoon sitting on the stone bench at the side of the soccer field. If I remembered it right, Wednesday was Stalking Day. And since everyone supported Alicia’s crazy but cute infatuation over Arthur, the girls and I accompanied her. Also to make sure that Alicia would not make a fool of herself, or embarrass herself.

She was doing her usual thing, pretending to read a book but taking a peek and stare longingly as the object of her heart’s desire was running around and kicking a soccer ball. I think Alicia was mentally taking pictures of Arthur in her mind, maybe to use later for future daydreaming. I did that once, when I thought how uber cute Benjamin was. But that was until I later found out he shared the same DNA of evilness with Bianca and the rest of his Knight buddies. But I digress –Alicia’s infatuation was cute, but it was getting kinda creepy, like stalker creepy. One day, I might talk to her about just that.

Robyn was humming to a tune on her playlist, which was oddly named “Angry Rock Bands” while Joey was engaged in a conversation with Maddie.

“Mads, ayoko nga baguhin ang hairstyle ko. Okay na ito,” Joey was saying.

“Pero Joey, aayusin lang natin ng kaunti. Ang ganda pa naman ng buhok mo tapos itatago mo lang sa ilalim ng cap mo.”

I, on the otherhand, was enjoing very much reading the book I had on my lap. The thing about reading was even though you were in a very busy environment with loud noises around, a good book could carry you entirely to a different world. It could create a portal, let you have a time travel and experience and feel a new world. Like reading the English version of the Count of Monte Cristo, for instance. It might be a somewhat a heavy read for me (I had to have a dictionary ready just to check the big words!) but somehow, I got up caught in the middle of Edmond Dantes’ grand scheme of an intricately designed web of revenge. I might loss a few pint of blood here and there due to the consistent nosebleed I suffered most likely due to the heavy English words I stumbled upon, but it was worth it.

As I read through the story, loud chatter disrupted my usually well-focused attention.

“You should really change your phone na, Bianca. Iphone 5 is sooo luma na kaya,” a girl was saying.

“Stop being such a brat Ashley,” Bianca snapped. “An iPhone is an iPhone, no matter what number it is.”

“As long as your phone is working, there is no need to swap it,” Francheska offered. “Besides, happy na si Bianca sa phone niya.”

“Masyado ka talagang mabait Cheska,” Georgina said with a snort. By the sounds of it, she was being sarcastic. “Baka kunin ka ni Lord ng maaga.”

“Basta, daddy promised me a new iPhone once he comes back from Singapore…”

“Girl, I told you much better ang specs ng Android compared sa IOS…”

“Get real. Pang poor lang ang Android. Even cheap phones has a jelly bean for specs…”

There’s nothing wrong with cheap phones! I owned a good jelly bean phone that I bought for a very cheap price. At least the snatchers and thieves would not be interested with it.

“And ito pa, those cheap phones na ginagawang TV ng mga jologs people…”

Hey… That was the main reason why I bought that phone! It was kinda useful, especially if we had brownouts and my favorite teleserye was on TV.

“I’m not so sure na tuloy what phone to buy…”

Great. A normal teenager would worry about zits and exams and college entrance tests and, occasionally boys. But these girls worry about what high end phone to ask their rich daddies as if their bright future depended on their choice of phone! Did they even know the concept of working hard for it? Oh sure, maybe they did work hard –working so hard to beg and throw tantrums until they get what they wanted.