Chapter Four

Lynn stood at the pool's edge, trying to convince herself to just get in. She could swim, and she knew that. But... The water just scared her.

Miss Sanders came out. "Adalynn, you've been standing there for an hour. It's nearly time for lunch."

"I will eat once I have swam in my own."

"Adalynn-"

"I will, Mama Sanders."

Miss Sanders went inside.

Lynn took a deep breath and finally lowered herself  into the shallow end. For a moment she clung onto the edge, even though she could touch the bottom fine.

From the table near the beach chairs, Lynn's phone rang.

She instantly clambered out of the water and padded over to the table to see who was calling. It was Eva, her best friend.

"Hello?"

"Girl! You're eighteen, and we need to celebrate!" Her Latino accent was heavy when she was this excited.

"Yeah, we do. Father just had me busy as crap."

"Well good news, Lynn. We're outside, come on!"

"We?" Lynn asked as she wrapped the towel around herself.

"Sammy and Dellia are with me. We're kidnapping you!" Eva whooped.

"Give me one minute, I'm in my bikini."

Eva gasped. "Oh my- Lynn, are you with the hotty?! We don't wanna disturb you."

"Eva! He isn't here. And why would you think that? What is Sammy telling you?"

"Just giving you crap. But... You have been with him, right?"

"Well you can tell Sammy that he is gone. Just like I said yesterday." Lynn shook her head. "I'll be right there. Lynn out." She hung up and practically ran through the mansion up to her room.

"Adalynn!" Miss Sanders called as Lynn ran by the kitchen.

Lynn screeched to a stop. "Yes?"

"Your friends are here, but you must already know that. Nevermind, go have fun. But be home by eleven."

"Yes ma'am." Lynn ran to her room, excited for a night out. Finally, she could relax.

* * *

Reece pounded at the punching bag, his mind focused on the movement of his body. It was hot and stuffy in this basement but he continued none the less.

"Reece." Brighten, one of the men pretending to be his uncle, called over the noise.

"I'm not done." Reece panted. He kept punching.

"Your grandfather is back. He needs to go over a few things with you."

Reece stilled the punching bag. "I'll be up in just a minute."

Brighten disappeared up the stairs and Reece grabbed his water bottle. He chugged it and allowed himself to breathe for a moment.

He hardly slept last night with a certain green eyed girl in his mind. He tried convincing himself that it was because of this job.

So, to help get her out of his head, Reece came down to train. It helped, but only temporarily.

He tossed on a ragged, gray t-shirt and jogged up the stairs to the living room.

Mr. Graves was sitting in his large arm chair. "Reece. Come sit. We have much to discuss."

Reece plopped onto the couch. "I'm assuming you've come up with some sort of plan?"