Chapter Five

Lynn's head slipped from her hand and hit the desk. Hard.

"Ow." She groaned, rubbing at her head. She was falling asleep at this desk. The pile of practice paper work sat half done.

Mr. Caine had left her to it as 'training' for when she took over.

Lynn rubbed her face and dragged the next sheet of paper over. But instead of working, she began daydreaming. She imagined herself in her room with something chocolate, like a cake, and playing video games.

"Excuse me."

Lynn jerked out of her dream land. "Huh, yes?"

A young guy was standing in front of her desk. He had a mop of floppy, blonde hair and soft blue eyes.

"Miss Caine?"

Lynn sat up completely, straightening her green dress. "Yes?"

"Mr. Caine sent me to give this to you." He held out a tall soda.

"Oh, you are my savior." She gladly took the foam cup. "Thank you, uh-"

"Jordan." He filled in. "And you're welcome."

"So what is your position here?" Lynn asked, glad for a distraction from sleep.

"I'm just an intern. Thus why I'm also on drink errands."

Lynn smiled a little. "Well that puts you on my good list for the future."

Jordan smiled. "Well I'm glad. Enjoy your drink... And paper work." With that, he left.

Lynn wanted a longer distraction. But she had things to get done. She put herself back to work.

Two hours later she was sorting the paperwork into the filing cabinet at the back of the office that was hers for the time being.

Behind her, the door open opened and someone cleared their throat.

"One moment."

"Not the greeting I was looking for, Princess."

Lynn's nerves jolted alive and she jumped, sending her finished paper work flying. "Oh my- Reece, stop sneaking up on me!"

Reece snickered. "I didn't sneak. You obviously knew I was here. You're just weird." He didn't know why she was so jumpy around him, but it was kind of cute.

Lynn stuck out her tongue. Reece was wearing a suit but his suit coat was draped over his arm. He looked good.

"Well you are apparently scary." She bent the gather the scattered papers.

Reece crouched next to her to help. "You look nice, Princess."

This was not the distraction Lynn had been hoping for. She blushed. "Uh, thanks. You, uh, you do too."

He made her flustered. That was a first. "Thank you. I had a meeting to attend with my grandfather." Lie.

"Must have been very exciting." Lynn was trying to pull herself together. "Thank you." She took the papers from Reece and turned to the cabinet. "Not to be rude, but what are you doing here?"

With her back turned, Reece took that moment to look around the office. No safe to be seen. Then again, he didn't look too closely since his eyes kept moving back to Adalynn. That green dress really did look nice. What was he thinking?!

"I found out you were working today. So I caught Mr. Caine and he has allowed me to rescue you from this torture."

Lynn turned to him, though she wasn't done filing. "Really? I'm finished for the day?"