Chapter Twelve

The air was warm and golden like butterscotch, wrapping around Lynn like a comforting blanket. She was dancing, her green dress flowing around her as she went.

Warm hands landed on her waist, stopping her dancing. "Princess, you are stunning." Reece's deep voice whispered in her ear.

A chill ran up her spine. "Thank you."

Reece spun her around to face him, holding her close. "You've fallen for me, and I've fallen for you." He moved closer, his lips nearly brushing hers. "Become mine, and we'll run away with our own lives, Princess." Her heart stopped as he tilted her face up and kissed her.

Lynn jolted awake, taking in a deep breath as her heart pounded from her dream. Oh no, she did not just have a love dream. She had never had a dream like that about any guys she liked.

She fell back on her pillows, still catching her breath. He managed to take her breath away even in a dream. Oh boy.

* * *

Lynn was tired of work, and it was only her first week. She was bored out of her mind as she went through the same things over and over.

She had her earbuds in listening to music to help keep some of the boredom away. She started dancing a little as she was filing a stack of papers at the back.

That small bit of dancing only brought her into the music fully and she closed her eyes and started dancing with heart. She couldn't really dance but at the moment she didn't care. She sang along with the song she was listening to out loud. She had a private office, no one could see her.

"Ladies all across the world, listen up, we're lookin' for recruits
  If you're with me let me see your hands
  Stand up and salute
  Get your killer heels, sneakers pumps, or lace up your boots
  Representin' all the women, salute, salute!"

Lynn dropped the papers as she really got into the song. She kicked off her shoes and danced more as the chorus rang out in her ears. She moved her hips to the beat like she was at her own personal concert.

She slowed as the bridge of the song came on and she sang with heart.

"You think we're just pretty things
  You couldn't be more wrong
  We're standing strong, we carry on
  Knock us down but we keep moving up
  We're moving up, yeah
  Can't stop a hurricane, ladies it's time to awake! Yeah!"

Lynn spun in her dance and froze abruptly as she saw Mr. Caine standing in the doorway, looking none too happy.

She yanked her earphones out. "Dad." She quickly dropped to the floor and began gathering the fallen papers, her heart tight. The spirit that the song filled her with was drained instantly as she could feel her father's intense gaze on her. "Sorry, I have been working all day-"

"Does it look like I care?" He interrupted sharply, making Lynn jump.

She slowly got to her feet, her eyes focused on the carpet. "I'm sorry-"

"Look at how you were just behaving. Dancing like a drunk teenager and singing that- that song! I except better from you, Adalynn. I didn't raise you in such a way. I have tried to be patient with you but you have only been my biggest disappointment."

Lynn flinched at the words as her throat tightened and her eyes brimmed with tears. "Dad-"

"I don't want to hear it. In fact, I don't want to hear a word from you for the rest of the week. Get home now and stay in your room until you realize how you need to behave to be my daughter."