Chapter Seven

"Oh, come on!" Lynn slammed the trigger on the controller.

"It takes two shots to kill. You didn't need to pump me full of lead." Eva complained through the earpiece.

"Well too bad." Lynn snickered evilly. She was sitting on the floor at the foot of her bed playing Call of Duty against her three friends. The TV sat on a low shelf in front of her, the volume nearly silent.

Lynn bit her lip in concentration. "I'm coming for you, Sammy."

"Ha! Not today!" Sammy's bot jumped from a building and shot Lynn's down.

"You mean jerk!" She hissed. "I'll get my sweet revenge!"

A laugh erupted from behind her. "Enjoying yourself, Princess?"

Lynn jumped in surprise and whipped around to see Reece standing in the doorway of her room. Her eyes widened.

"What was that, Lynn?" Eva questioned through the earpiece.

Lynn tore the headset off and clumsily got to her feet. "Reece, what- what are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too." He shrugged as he stepped further into the room. He looked around the room, taking in the simplistic decoration of the room. He didn't see a safe anywhere. "I'm going to be living here temporarily." He looked back at Lynn for a reaction.

Lynn's mind went completely blank for a moment. "Wha- uh, what? You're what?"

Reece bit back another laugh. "I said I'm going to be living here temporarily."

"Why? Not to sound rude, or anything, I'm just confused." Lynn fidgeted as she looked at him closely. She hadn't seen him since... Nope, she wasn't going to think about that.

"Our place is under renovation, we've been living in a hotel. Your father found out and offered the guest suite to us until our place is done." Reece explained, still feeling bad for lying to her face.

Lynn nodded. "Oh, I see... Well then welcome."

Reece pointed behind her. "I think you're losing terribly now. Sorry about that."

Lynn whipped around and dropped to the floor. "Dang it!" She put the headset on again. "Come on, you guys knew I was being distracted."

"Distracted by who?" Sammy questioned. "I heard a male voice."

Lynn glanced at Reece over her shoulder. He was sitting on the edge of her bed watching her with amusement. He raised an eyebrow at her and she quickly turned away. "Uh, it's just a dude. A new... maid."

Her friends laughed in her ears. "Girl, you don't have maids. Miss Sanders is there for a reason." Dellia laughed.

Sammy gasped. "Do you have a secret lover?!"

The others gasped as well and all began speaking at once.

Lynn threw the headset off in embarrassment and covered her face with a groan.

"Oh, I'm a dude maid now, huh?" Reece chuckled from behind her. He was completely entertained by this whole thing.

"That's better than what they actually think you are." Lynn grumbled, facing him.

"Oh, what do they think? I'm curious."

Lynn went red. "Uh, uh, nothing. You're the ghost, that's what they believe, you know. All that... paranormal... stuff."

Reece raised an eyebrow. Why was she flustered? She was only ever flustered in front of him once before. Was he making progress at last? "Why don't I believe you, Lynn?"