Wedding Guests

"Ah, Remus, lovely to see you. This must be the woman of the week— Ow!"

Fred had been the one who was to show them to their seats. The lingering groom's mother, however, had some qualm with his phrasing and had his ear currently being pulled to her level.

"Use that brain of yours! Be polite!" She scolded him before letting him stand and resuming whatever running around she was doing last-minute.

"Yes, mum," Fred said with a slight eye roll but his usual smirk back in place.

"Do watch your manners young man," Sirius/Darla said with an upturned nose as the group of five sat down.

"Yeah, sure," Fred once again rolled his eyes and was back to escorting the last of guests into their seats.

Remus was in the outermost seat and Draco/Harrison in the innermost seat, with Sirius/Darla, Harry/Emrys, and Olivia/Matilda filling all the inbetween seats. Sirius/Darla was of course making a show out of everything, amusing Olivia and Harry (and secretly Remus and Draco, though they wouldn't ever admit it in public).

"Oh I do so love weddings. The actual ceremony is boring, but the after party—" Sirius/Darla trailed off, her eyebrows wiggling with force to match the mischievous eyes, "Why, at the last one I attended, there was this—"

"You're not allowed to bring that up yet," Remus said in his usual reserved tone. The three teenagers looked at him in confusion, so Sirius filled in the details.

"Oh, right, right. That stupid pact we made never to talk of that event sober so as to not ruin the memory. Who ever came up with that?"

Remus' faint smile made a reappearance, "I believe it was you, actually."

Sirius/Darla nodded, "Sounds just like the idiotic thing I would do. Though you're supposed to be the one to stop me." He practically glowed with dramatic affection as he laid his face on Remus' shoulder, wrapped around the other man's arm like a snake. The three teenagers did various gagging/eye rolling reactions at the pda while Remus just flushed red but did nothing to shake his partner off of him. Olivia thought this was odd but said nothing as the wedding music began to play and everyone took their seats.

The group who sat quite near the back were quick to turn and watch the bride and her father begin their walk down the aisle. The bouncing M. Delacour looked as pleased as any one person could possibly be as he escorted the floating, ethereal Fleur. Her smile outshone the expensive crown that adorned her blonde hair, the silvery-White dress shining a beam of elegance and beauty on anyone who dared look. Olivia was oh so very thankful that Fleur's eyes never once strayed from her groom-to-be's, for she was sure that one look of the dark blue eyes would reduce her to a puddle. It was oddly more enlightening than outright attractive, but Olivia had an odd feeling that it would be too much for her mind either way.

Are you alright? Came Harry's voice as Olivia tried to break her trance of staring at Fleur.

I don't understand. Was Olivia's intelligent reply, her mind abuzz with too many emotions to process.

What do you mean? It's just a wedding.

How can there be that much radiance and happiness in one person? Olivia simply couldn't get it. Every insecurity, feat, scar, nightmare, evil in her life had taught her that no such thing was possible, and yet here was a tent in a family's backyard filled with such happiness it seemed to chase away the darkness.

I guess that's just what love does. Was Harry's actually intelligent reply, though his confidence in the statement was lacking. Olivia nodded and pulled herself together to not make an even bigger fool of herself.